A little hint for high end solo cruisers

Nemanoxer

To make it short: I am on no way related to, working for or in any way awarded by or benefiting from this hint / cruise line:

You like it high end? You like small ships? You want it absolutely contemporary? You have seen them all? Or you have not seen any yet but are longing for a cruise line that not everybody has sailed yet? You maybe even dream of being on a cruise yacht with its own marina? But you do not want to pay 10000 bucks just cause you are going alone?

In that case you might want to look out for http://www.ponant.com - very small yachts, ultra modern design, amazing service and French related cuisine. And please don´t forget to mention that it is your first time with them  😉

I have sent them quote requests lately, and the quotes they gave me were very very attractive. Like under 4000 $ for a 7 day cruise with a bunch of perks included through one of the most beautiful if not THE most beautiful spots on the planet, the Seychelles islands.

Again, I do not benefit from this post at all, I just wanted to share this still kind of secret gem for solo cruisers with you.

Oh, by the way - yes, the staff speaks English besides French.

Happy cruising  😎

Edited by Nemanoxer
  • Like 1

Thanks Nemanoxer.  The catch with this is that for us cruisers from the USA, that's a very long and expensive flight to get to the Seychelles for a 7 day cruise!  I would love to go there, but might consider it as part of a longer cruise, from maybe Singapore to Europe or something like that.

I'm surprised, I wouldn't have thought to look at them assuming they would be too expensive. I'll have to consider Ponant in the future. 

Ponant redirected me to the US version of the site:

https://us.ponant.com/ships

Another tip for those interested in solo on a smaller ship (140 to 300 passengers double occupancy) is that Windstar has just started having some sailings with a lowered solo supplement. Currently, they have it on about a dozen sailings - mostly ocean crossings, plus a few in Asia and one in Northern Europe - Norway fjords. They say the supplement is 20%, but the price my travel agent got is actually slightly less than the website's double occupancy price on the Norway cruise. They don't have the info on which trips have the reduced supplement on their website. You can get it by calling them or calling an agent. 

11 hours ago, oakridger said:

Thanks Nemanoxer.  The catch with this is that for us cruisers from the USA, that's a very long and expensive flight to get to the Seychelles for a 7 day cruise!  I would love to go there, but might consider it as part of a longer cruise, from maybe Singapore to Europe or something like that.

They have a lot of sailings listed with no solo supplement, not just the Seychelles one. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oakridger said:

Ponant also sails North American routes! The Caribbean ones are certainly interesting - like a 7-day roundtrip leaving Martinique and visiting Guadaloupe, Grenada, St. Lucia, and the Grenadines. On their Alaska Juneau-Vancouver sailings, the highest solo supplement listed is 23% and most were 5% or less. Okay, the fares aren't cheap but $6700 for a balcony cabin on a luxury ship with fewer than 300 fellow passengers...

I would suggest Seabourn.    Relatively small ships.    Cruised on Ovation (600+) and thoroughly enjoyed cruise.   From time to time they offer special rates for solo travellers.   Solos are treated very well.  Heading out on another cruise in February (sister ship to Ovation) looking forward to it.

I have also cruised solo on Azamara another a great experience.   Would do it again.

From my experience it is much easier to meet solo cruisers on the smaller ships.

Good luck with your and happy sailing.  

Another suggestion is Silversea. I have sailed with them twice and have 3 more cruises booked with them.

The ships are also small and I love sailing with them:classic_smile: