PortMiami Arrival Time and Passport Expiring in 2 Months

SoFla_KJ

First time on Celebrity. My boyfriend and I have about a 90 minute drive to the port from our house. We depart on Saturday 1/4 on Infinity. What’s the earliest time you can board if you are just regular cabin with no status?

Also, my boyfriend’s passport expires in two months. He’s going to bring the Passport and his birth certificate. I put on the Xpress Pass that he is checking in with DL and Birth Certificate. Will this delay us? Should I switch to listing Passport? We’ll still bring both for him just in case. This was a last minute booking and we didn’t realize it was expiring until we were checking in.

To the OP, there is a passport office in Miami. You may be able to obtain a new one in two days . Bring cash or a cc. First day you will apply in person at the federal office with you photo ID and your old passport. The second day you will be able to pick up your new passport.  Please call this office for the exact details. It happen with my sister - in - law about five years ago.

Don’t worry about the passport.  With a closed loop cruise, you can legally travel with birth certificate and drivers license.  Good idea to take passport anyway just in case, but you don’t need to worry about renewing it until you get back.  Please have it renewed right away after the cruise to be safe.  No need to pay extra for an expedited one.  It is just the Caribbean.  

As for boarding time, do your online check in and it will give you a time to show up.  Earliest is usually about 11:30 or noon, but the computer will have a time for you to choose.  

You can use the passport.  No countries in the Caribbean are requiring six months of validity beyond the entry date.  I would use the passport as the trael document since you have it, it will speed both check-in and disembarkation. 

As others noted, you can board at about 11:00 AM assuming there hasn't been some glitch on the prior cruise that would delay things. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

20 hours ago, omeinv said:

You can use the passport.  No countries in the Caribbean are requiring six months of validity beyond the entry date.  I would use the passport as the trael document since you have it, it will speed both check-in and disembarkation. 

Thanks everyone for commenting. I switched the check in to Passport. It gave me a notification that Celebrity recommends 6 months remaining on the passport, but allowed me to use it. We will bring the birth certificate as backup.

I traveled with my dad on HAL 3 years ago and his passport was actually expired. It took us like 20 extra minutes to check in because he had his Original 65 year old birth certificate, which did not have a seal. Normally they don’t accept those, but a supervisor confirmed that it was a certified copy. It can definitely be a hassle to travel without a passport!