EZCheck Luggage

CountryCruiser

6 hours ago, CountryCruiser said:

Does anybody know if Princess still offers EZCheck on The Regal in Fort Lauderdale for Southwest Airlines?

I was on the Sky Princess b2b in December and flew home Dec.14, 2019. I use  EZCheck on a regular basis. During the beginning of my second week  when  no paper work came I went to guest services. I was told that EZCheck was handled by a third party  not Princess and they weren't set yet for the season. I said it was December and we were  already in the season. 

When you board the ship, go right to guest services and ask them. I wouldn't bother  calling Princess stateside since they really don't know the details the ship knows and I have been given wrong answers in the past.

Sali

10 hours ago, CountryCruiser said:

Does anybody know if Princess still offers EZCheck on The Regal in Fort Lauderdale for Southwest Airlines?

Disembarked the Island Princess on Dec 6th, 2019 and used EZ Check Luggage, never received notice in room, had to ask at customer service, received our tags the final afternoon of the cruise. Always use EZ check.

4 hours ago, Orangefan said:

I was on the Sky Princess b2b in December and flew home Dec.14, 2019. I use  EZCheck on a regular basis. During the beginning of my second week  when  no paper work came I went to guest services. I was told that EZCheck was handled by a third party  not Princess and they weren't set yet for the season. I said it was December and we were  already in the season. 

When you board the ship, go right to guest services and ask them. I wouldn't bother  calling Princess stateside since they really don't know the details the ship knows and I have been given wrong answers in the past.

Sali

I'm very sorry to hear EZCheck wasn't available for your return flight. I had heard here on CC that it also wasn't available for those on the Sky's TA sailing, but didn't know it was absent for the early Caribbean itineraries.

But, I can confirm that EZCheck was available on the Sky the following week.

We were on the 12/14 sailing of the Sky Princess and used it for our return flight.  However, when I hadn't received the EZCheck information by day 3 (as has been the case in the past) I went to Guest Services to inquire and was told that, because they had no record of my return flight information in my Cruise Personalizer, they did not flag me to receive the EZCheck information. I would note that I subsequently confirmed that my flight information was actually in my Cruise Personalizer, but perhaps the 3rd party you mentioned didn't have access to it.

In any event, they provided me with the EZCheck form which I promptly filled out and returned.  We received our EZCheck package, including luggage tags and airline boarding passes, the morning of the day before disembarkation. In the EZCheck package it indicated the service was available for all major carriers, including American, Delta, JetBlue and Southwest flying from FLL and MIA.  In order to qualify, flights from FLL had to depart on or after 11:30 a.m. and flights from MIA had to depart on or after 12:30 p.m.

In order to help assure you have access to the service, I would recommend BOTH including your return flight information in your Cruise Personalizer AND, if you don't receive the form to sign up for EZCheck by at least day 3 of your cruise (or day 3 of the 2nd half of a B2B) go to Guest Services to sign up.

I have used EZCheck multiple times on the Regal, Royal and other ships in the past when our cruise ended in Ft. Lauderdale and don't know of any reason it wouldn't still be available. We have friends who just disembarked from the Regal last Sunday and I have asked them if they can confirm one way or the other, but haven't had a response yet. I'll follow up here if I get confirmation one way or the other.

I hope this is helpful.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

47 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

I'm very sorry to hear EZCheck wasn't available for your return flight. I had heard here on CC that it also wasn't available for those on the Sky's TA sailing, but didn't know it was absent for the early Caribbean itineraries.

Hey Guys! Happy New Year!

Glad EZ Check popped up again.

On the TA I assumed it may have been because of the TA and the first visit to the US for the Sky.

But not being available on a couple subsequent cruises concerned me.

It is an awesome service.

14 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

p.s. - just heard back from our friends who disembarked the Regal Princess last Sunday (29 Dec 2019) and they confirmed that they were offered and did use EZCheck for their return flights. 👍

Thank you for the information. I love EZCheck. 

We had paperwork left for EZ check in our cabin on the Regal sailing of Dec 15-22, 2019. We didn't use it since we were going to a hotel after the cruise. We have used it in the past and it's worth every penny.

The only hitch is that if you really want to use it you need to get the paperwork early in the cruise. Sometimes, our cabin has been skipped in the past and we have had to go down to passenger services to pick it up

For those who have used it, what do you do with any toiletries that are over the 3 oz carry-on limit? My contact solution is 3.5 oz so I've always put it in my bag to be checked after we claim it in the port terminal. Would be nice to do EZ check as our flight isn't until 1:30.

6 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

For those who have used it, what do you do with any toiletries that are over the 3 oz carry-on limit? My contact solution is 3.5 oz so I've always put it in my bag to be checked after we claim it in the port terminal. Would be nice to do EZ check as our flight isn't until 1:30.

Might have to put some in a smaller bottle.

We just keep sizes for the carry on liquids bag.

Anything bigger goes in the checked bag the night to be collected.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Might have to put some in a smaller bottle.

We just keep sizes for the carry on liquids bag.

Anything bigger goes in the checked bag the night to be collected.

Yes, this is what we do. Places like The Container Store have all kinds of small bottles and containers (3 oz and under) that are perfect for this. 

The alternative is to purchase a small travel sized version of the product for this purpose. We do this for toothpaste, and I know one friend who has cruised with us always buys a small bottle of contact solution for the same reason.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

32 minutes ago, SLC1954 said:

Do you know if EZCheck is available for San Pedro to LAX? Sailing on the Royal next month.

Yes, I'd like to know this, as well. Our next Princess cruise is on the Star out of San Pedro. I've searched the Ports of Call Mexican Riv forum, the Princess Forum and the web but didn't find any definitive current answers to this question.

I found a few posts from 5 years ago or so indicating EZCheck was not offered in San Pedro or San Francisco, but I thought I had read somewhere more recently that it was now offered in San Francisco. In any event, a lot can change in 5 years.

If anyone has any current personal experience or information about EZCheck in San Pedro, I would very much appreciate your insights.

2 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

We were on the 12/14 sailing of the Sky Princess and used it for our return flight.  However, when I hadn't received the EZCheck information by day 3 (as has been the case in the past) I went to Guest Services to inquire and was told that, because they had no record of my return flight information in my Cruise Personalizer, they did not flag me to receive the EZCheck information. I would note that I subsequently confirmed that my flight information was actually in my Cruise Personalizer, but perhaps the 3rd party you mentioned didn't have access to it.

In any event, they provided me with the EZCheck form which I promptly filled out and returned.  We received our EZCheck package, including luggage tags and airline boarding passes, the morning of the day before disembarkation. In the EZCheck package it indicated the service was available for all major carriers, including American, Delta, JetBlue and Southwest flying from FLL and MIA.  In order to qualify, flights from FLL had to depart on or after 11:30 a.m. and flights from MIA had to depart on or after 12:30 p.m.

In order to help assure you have access to the service, I would recommend BOTH including your return flight information in your Cruise Personalizer AND, if you don't receive the form to sign up for EZCheck by at least day 3 of your cruise (or day 3 of the 2nd half of a B2B) go to Guest Services to sign up.

I have used EZCheck multiple times on the Regal, Royal and other ships in the past when our cruise ended in Ft. Lauderdale and don't know of any reason it wouldn't still be available. We have friends who just disembarked from the Regal last Sunday and I have asked them if they can confirm one way or the other, but haven't had a response yet. I'll follow up here if I get confirmation one way or the other.

I hope this is helpful.

I am glad EZCheck is back. I actually do check the second day of the cruise for EZ Check. I also bring an extra copy of flight itinerary. They need the week to  co-ordinate with the airlines.  I like that they get the boarding passes for you.

Thanks for the update.

Sali

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WisCruiser2 said:

You really have to plan for this before you leave for the cruise. Make sure that whatever you need on the last night and morning will be allowed as a carry-on on the flight home. And that you have a bag to put it in. 

• Like 1