Wonderful Cruise ... Just Back

molymoo

We are just back from Journey into Antiquities with a post extension in Umbria (Ultimate Italy).  We had a wonderful time ... despite one "hellishly" rough sea day on the Aegean.  We were on board the Star and have to say that the crew on that ship clicked perfectly.  Service was "spot on" in every way, every day.  It was one of the nicest, smoothest (except for that sea day!) trip we have taken ... and we have taken quite a few.  We always have a wonderful time but this one felt different ... although DH says I always say that about the Star!  Perhaps he's right but at any rate we loved it!

The extension was wonderful!  The castle was all we could have hoped for and the food was outstanding ... and there were obscene amounts of it!  We are home .... fat and happy and wishing someone would come and make my bed and clean my bathroom!  

• Like 4

We are scheduled for Journey to Antiquities in late October, so I am happy to hear that you really enjoyed the itinerary. I do hope to get a chance to add the Umbria extension to a cruise in the future, but with two trips booked for 2020 our travel budget said not this time. Umbria is one of my favorite parts of Italy, and even though we have been to Orvieto and Assisi, staying in a castle and visiting a couple new places makes this very appealing to me.

I also look forward to more information about your trip, especially any advice about the excursions you took.

E, I was just thinking about you two, wondering how your trip went -- and the delicious upgrade.  We are currently in Bilbao, pre-cruise, boarding the STAR tomorrow for her repo to Northern Lights.  Pls share a link to any review you write.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

E, I was just thinking about you two, wondering how your trip went -- and the delicious upgrade.  We are currently in Bilbao, pre-cruise, boarding the STAR tomorrow for her repo to Northern Lights.  Pls share a link to any review you write.  

Lucky duck! 🍀 🦆 

14 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

A, I hope you enjoy the Star as much as we did!  Ours was a shorter cruise with two sea days but loved it ... even the sea day the ship spent "dancing" on the Aegean waves!!  Still working on the review but will make it accessible.  Look forward to hearing about your trip!

If you happen to run into Natalie in the restaurant at dinner (she worked in the 30's tables while we were there) give her our regards.  She was one of our "all time" very favorites!!

Edited by molymoo
  • Like 1

I will look for her!  I did see Routh who we met on one our first Oceans cruises; he was the dietary restrictions, so I saw him every day.  

BTW, loved Bilbao.  Loved the art and the ability of the city to so smoothly merge the modern with the traditional. 

On 1/4/2020 at 4:06 PM, Peregrina651 said:

First, night in MDR. Seated at Natalie's station. Sends her best.  Gonna ask for her station again.  

Sat in Natalie's station every night we ate in the MDR. She is on the Star until June and then  joining Jupiter in August.  

On 1/9/2020 at 3:54 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Sat in Natalie's station every night we ate in the MDR. She is on the Star until June and then  joining Jupiter in August.  

So glad you enjoyed Natalie as much as we did.  There was a "genuine-ness" to her warmth that was lovely!  We wish her well and hope that the rest of your journey was wonderful!  We will be moving to the rivers for the summer cruise this year but will return to the oceans for winter 2020!  

• Like 2