Regatta: New Look, Tips, Insights??

TLCOhio

47 minutes ago, clcmdse said:

There is a hair dryer, and it is a pretty good one. But I am happy to report - at least in our cabins - the lift-up desk drawer has been removed. I say happy because I continually had to move items on the desk to get to it. In our cabin the hair dryer was in a drawer in the small closet below the safe.  The built in table now has a regular thin desk drawer.

It's funny, because I don't remember a lift-up desk drawer in the desk on Oceania ships.  But we usually get an inside cabin, and maybe they had different desks.  In any case, I found the desks on Viking Ocean to be partly-annoying in that respect, as you had to keep part of the desk top clear so you could open the drawer to reveal the thin desk drawer below.  But I loved the same desk because it had a number of partitioned cubbyholes, rather than being a wide open drawer.  I liked being able to put little things there like camera memory cards, thumb drives, and earrings without having to worry about them getting lost in the drawer.   I suppose some people also liked the fact that there was a makeup mirror underneath the lift-up drawer, but I never used it.    

2 hours ago, clcmdse said:

There is a hair dryer, and it is a pretty good one. But I am happy to report - at least in our cabins - the lift-up desk drawer has been removed.

I have never seen a lift up desk drawer  what cabin cat were you in?

Never had to clear the desk to get into the drawer on Insignia or Regatta ...maybe I just missed that option

• Like 1

How interesting. We have been in PH on both O and R ships. It was one of the first things I commented on when we saw our refurbished room on the Regatta this month. That and the shower door! No wait...and the plugs. Judging from Roothy's post, I guess some people liked it very much and will miss it. It was quite deep. I guess that means I just placed too many things on top of the table so it was annoying for me to remove them to get to the pop up drawer.

Catherine

4 hours ago, clcmdse said:

How interesting. We have been in PH on both O and R ships. It was one of the first things I commented on when we saw our refurbished room on the Regatta this month. That and the shower door! No wait...and the plugs. Judging from Roothy's post, I guess some people liked it very much and will miss it. It was quite deep. I guess that means I just placed too many things on top of the table so it was annoying for me to remove them to get to the pop up drawer.

Catherine

so you had that in a PH

Well no wonder I have never seen it  we stay in the cheap seats 🙂

We usually  get Cat A-C   & the desks  did not have a lift up top

good to know

Lyn, we have been PH and even above the past few years ... if the desk in our cabins had a lift-up top I was never aware!  Since I put my personal laptop on top of the desk I definitely wouldn't have been happy to have to lift everything up to access the desk below!

Of course, I never did need to check that because I used the other drawers ...

Very curious.

Mura