TRAVELING WITH PRINCESS AS A SINGLE PERSON

2old4this

On 1/3/2020 at 9:09 AM, geoherb said:

Thanks for posting. Breakfast in Sabatini's was our favorite suite perk when we sailed in one on the Royal. 

I sailed solo twice last year although my husband is still alive. He chose to go back to work in retirement. It's just part time and seasonal, so we did have a chance to cruise together this past fall on the Crown Princess's transatlantic cruise. On the two trips I took without him, I always requested to dine with others at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I met people by playing trivia. The singles and solos group wasn't well attended on my Alaskan trip, but I did meet a few nice people. We ended up meeting at the evening cocktail event for Platinum, Elite, and suite passengers instead of the singles and solos meetings. On my solo cruise last month, there were lots of folks who met for the singles and solos group. I did not attend regularly, but I joined the people at breakfast and lunch, at the wine tasting, and other activities around the ship.

I missed the suite and elite evening by arriving just as the guests were leaving.  What did I miss, Geoherb?

17 hours ago, 2old4this said:

I missed the suite and elite evening by arriving just as the guests were leaving.  What did I miss, Geoherb?

Not much. They have an assortment of cheese, crackers, and veggies and one special each evening (shrimp cocktail, guacamole and chips, stilton, sushi, marinated goats cheese, etc.) There are several drinks offered for $6.50. It's just a relaxing place to have a nibble and enjoy a drink and socialize with others or just amongst yourselves before dinner. I only made it there once on my 10-day cruise in December.

6 hours ago, geoherb said:

Not much. They have an assortment of cheese, crackers, and veggies and one special each evening (shrimp cocktail, guacamole and chips, stilton, sushi, marinated goats cheese, etc.) There are several drinks offered for $6.50. It's just a relaxing place to have a nibble and enjoy a drink and socialize with others or just amongst yourselves before dinner. I only made it there once on my 10-day cruise in December.

6 hours ago, geoherb said:

What do you suggest could have taken place at these gatherings to make them more memorable?

2 hours ago, 2old4this said:

What do you suggest could have taken place at these gatherings to make them more memorable?

These nightly get togethers (for Platinums, Elites & Suites) are just a quiet place to have a pre dinner appetizer and/or drink. Most people just stop in there for a short time...nothing exciting going on.

I often go there for a light dinner if I'm not too hungry and I'm tired. At the beginning of the cruise, they send a card to your cabin with a list of the nightly offerings. 

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

These nightly get togethers (for Platinums, Elites & Suites) are just a quiet place to have a pre dinner appetizer and/or drink. Most people just stop in there for a short time...nothing exciting going on.

I often go there for a light dinner if I'm not too hungry and I'm tired. At the beginning of the cruise, they send a card to your cabin with a list of the nightly offerings. 

I never signed in thus I never got one of those menu cards.  I will visit those group sessions on my July cruise to Iceland and Greenland.

9 minutes ago, 2old4this said:

I never signed in thus I never got one of those menu cards.  I will visit those group sessions on my July cruise to Iceland and Greenland.

You don't need to sign in to get the menu card detailing the offerings for the cruise. It should automatically be in your cabin if you're in a suite or if you're Platinum or Elite. Here's a photo of the card from my cruise this fall on the Crown Princess. On the Caribbean Princess last month, the hours varied slightly from day to day. And although this menu from the Crown lists a drink special each day, we could order any of the specials any day. Here's the menu that describes them as well.

20190923_184513.jpg

20191210_171207 (2).jpg

26 minutes ago, geoherb said:

You don't need to sign in to get the menu card detailing the offerings for the cruise. It should automatically be in your cabin if you're in a suite or if you're Platinum or Elite. Here's a photo of the card from my cruise this fall on the Crown Princess. On the Caribbean Princess last month, the hours varied slightly from day to day. And although this menu from the Crown lists a drink special each day, we could order any of the specials any day. Here's the menu that describes them as well.

20190923_184513.jpg

20191210_171207 (2).jpg

This is new to me.  The list kinda makes going the thing to do in July.  I'll have the Martini, thank you.