Water in Nassau & on Navigator

Is there a shop in Nassau near the pier where we can get a few extra bottles of water to take onboard?  We are going to bring our allowance of water on embarkation, but there are 4 of us, so it won't last long.

Does the Navigator have any of those special water fountains that allow you to fill your water bottle in a more sanitary way?  Or do the staff have to fill the bottles for you? 

You can fill your own bottles in Windjammer or Cafe Promenade.  Just fill a clean glass and then pour that into your water bottles.

There are people selling water in Nassau just outside the cruise terminal building.  There is also a grocery store on the same streen as Hard Rock.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You can fill your own bottles in Windjammer or Cafe Promenade.  Just fill a clean glass and then pour that into your water bottles.

There are people selling water in Nassau just outside the cruise terminal building.  There is also a grocery store on the same streen as Hard Rock.

Thanks.  I used to end up filling bottles 1 cup at a time, was just wondering if things were different with the refurb.  It's good to know there is a grocery store.  I'll have to look it up to see where.

So, I messaged RC on Facebook, and got some answers... sort of.  First, I was told that water was only allowed on embarkation day, and it must be carried on.  To clarify, I asked if we could bring on a single bottle of water/juice/soda, and I was told that "these regulations vary by port", so I should ask security before I leave the ship.  I thought it was up to Royal as to whether I can bring a bottle of water onboard, so I asked what Royal's stance was, and I was told that it is a case but case basis, so again, ask while onboard.  So, not a really solid answer, bit an official one...I guess.

16 minutes ago, MaskedTurtle said:

So, I messaged RC on Facebook, and got some answers... sort of.  First, I was told that water was only allowed on embarkation day, and it must be carried on.  To clarify, I asked if we could bring on a single bottle of water/juice/soda, and I was told that "these regulations vary by port", so I should ask security before I leave the ship.  I thought it was up to Royal as to whether I can bring a bottle of water onboard, so I asked what Royal's stance was, and I was told that it is a case but case basis, so again, ask while onboard.  So, not a really solid answer, bit an official one...I guess.

Never call and ask these questions.  Their responses are truly irrelevant to what you may experience on  your cruise.

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

A suggestion for you, in place of carrying on a single bottle in port.  (although I don't understand why you don't just do it in the Windjammer with a glass.

Brita Sport Water Filter Bottle, Mod Columns, 20 Ounce (Design May Vary)

I have done it in the Windjammer like that before.  It's gets to be a pain filling with individual cups, especially for multiple people in a room.  Besides, depending on where I am when I need a refill, I may not want to have to head to the Windjammer.  I was just starting to look into water filters and bottles like this.  Thanks for the suggestion.

In our experience - we can also get ice water in a cup at just about every bar on the ship...and I believe Navigator has freestyle machines where you should also be able to refill...

I have those Brita bottles but find that I rarely use them as much as I think I will! 

3 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

In our experience - we can also get ice water in a cup at just about every bar on the ship...and I believe Navigator has freestyle machines where you should also be able to refill...

I have those Brita bottles but find that I rarely use them as much as I think I will! 

I thought I read about Navigator having them.  Where are they located?  Can we use them to fill our own bottles or are they for those who purchase drink packages?

1 minute ago, breezy_carol said:

I think you need the cup with the chip in it to activate the Freestyle machine.  At least you did in 2014 on Freedom.

Yes, for soda.  But not for water and ice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Do you know where they are located on the ship?  And, would it be better to use wide-mouth bottles,  or can those with smaller openings be used?

Normally 2 on the Royal Promenade and 2 near Windjammer. Maybe another near the arcade.

I'd use the wide mouth.

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

A suggestion for you, in place of carrying on a single bottle in port.  (although I don't understand why you don't just do it in the Windjammer with a glass.

Brita Sport Water Filter Bottle, Mod Columns, 20 Ounce (Design May Vary)

The problem with these bottles is you really dont have anyway to give them a thorough wash between uses.  Too much bacteria can grow on lids etc

You can also fill your bottles in your cabin.  It is the same water as the water fountains and machines.

You may be able to carry on a couple of sealed bottles at port, but you will probably run into issues with a case.

15 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Never call and ask these questions.  Their responses are truly irrelevant to what you may experience on  your cruise.

Seems to me that for once someone got the right answer..... RCI is completely inconsistent regarding the subject of your call.

Bayside Food Store is just a block or two from the terminal. Its a local grocery and has great prices. Never been stopped taking a couple large bottles of water and some snacks back on board, even bought a six pack of coke cans once and nothing was said. Always my last stop before getting back on board.

http://www.tropicports.com/baysidefoodstore/

Edited by Herdfandb
  • Like 1