Grrrr....Please help!

teachncruise17

12 hours ago, andie717 said:

Well, as an update...

I called.  Spent an hour and a half on the phone (!!).  To no avail.  Changed the cruise date, for a $200 fee.  I totally own it, it was my bad.  I didn't intend to book Early Saver, but...alas...that mistake was made.  

Although it didn't work out in my favor (yet...one of the supervisors gave me an email to plead my case...), everyone I dealt with was professional, friendly, and helpful.

Life is too short to be upset about a mistake that I made.  A small price to pay when being grateful we have the money to cruise.  We will have a fantastic trip, regardless!  

Thanks for the helpful comments, and if the email results in a refund or on board credit, I will surely let you all know!  🙂

Very good attitude.  

• Like 1

Call your PVP, explain the situation.  We had to do this a few years ago when our daughter found out she was pregnant.  Her doc advised her not to go to the Caribbean due to Zika.  We had 4 cabins booked & were able to switch them to a later cruise without penalty.  Even if they had applied the change penalty, it would have been $50 per person, which is still worth it to reschedule to more than a year in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

***Update***

At the advice of the last supervisor I spoke to, I sent an email to Guest Relations at Carnival.  I explained the situation, acknowledged my own fault, explained that we were moving from 1 cabin to 2 so ultimately paying a lot more, and asking if there was any way to recoup the $200 (either have it reapplied or OBC).

Well, shock of all shocks!  I got a reply today giving me a one-time exemption from the rule.  They applied the $200 back to my deposit!   😃  Needless to say it , it was a lesson learned and also restored my good faith in people and businesses!  

It never hurts to ask...as long as you do it politely!  Happy Sailing!

• Like 12