Sofa bed question for mini suite on Norwegian getaway

Zephie1985

Hello we are looking at 2 x spa mini suites on the Norwegian getaway. My parents will stay in one room and we will stay next door with 2 adults and 2 x 4 year olds. My only issue is there is only 3 pax rooms left. So we were thinking we could put a child on each room to make it 3 people per room but I would still want both kids to sleep in our room. So my question is “is the single sofa bed “mattress” removeable? So could we take the single mattress from the sofa bed in my parents room and use that on the floor next to the single sofa bed in our room for my other daughter to sleep on? Or any other ideas? Thanks 

Well, the couch in the room is converted into bed at night, so you cannot remove the mattress/padding from one room to another.

Also, the Spa mini-suites do NOT have a spa in the room. You get spa access instead. 

Kids are not allowed into the Spa.

Look for mini-suites with + on the deckplans these have the couch and Pullman for the 3rd and 4th. 

6 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

Well, the couch in the room is converted into bed at night, so you cannot remove the mattress/padding from one room to another.

Also, the Spa mini-suites do NOT have a spa in the room. You get spa access instead. 

Kids are not allowed into the Spa.

Look for mini-suites with + on the deckplans these have the couch and Pullman for the 3rd and 4th. 

I believe mini suites that sleep 4 have the couch and a Pullman, OP said there were none left. The couch turns into a bed by removing a cushion, there isn’t a removable mattress.

I wonder if I could just get some pillows and those egg mattress toppers for her to sleep on, at 4 year olds, they really sleep anywhere. I can get a balcony room with Pullman for 2nd child but we really wanted the spa access, plus I am concerned about my 4 year old rolling out of the Pullman bed...

1 minute ago, Zephie1985 said:

Actually no mini suites left that are adjoining unfortunately, and I’ve read mixed feedback in being able to buy the thermal pass? Is it based on availability? 

In that case, I'd book the 2 women in the Spa mini-suite and book the men and kids in a balcony or mini-suite that sleeps 4. Get 2 spare room keys so that the spouses can sleep together.

Another option is to book the adjoining mini-suites and bring an inflatable mattress.

This is a good idea but I still can’t get a room that takes 4 next to a room that takes 2 with spa access. I think I am leaning towards just getting the air mattress or something similar so we can be next door and get the spa access for both rooms.

i have found 2 x family mini suites that are interconnecting and one takes 4 but still no spa access..

Have your room steward get you an extra duvet. Fold it in half on the ground for 1 kid. The second kid on the sofa (the duvet on the floor may be softer than the sofa). Trade off nightly. 

alternately get a couple of extra duvets and both kids sleep on the floor to avoid fights. 

Grand and Gramps can have their own room never seen by the kids. 

tell your room steward exactly what you want to do and they will help set it up. 

Edited by BirdTravels

Why the requirement of connecting or right next door if the kids are all sleeping with you anyways? 

You can call after you book to buy the thermal passes. If for some reason they have none you could then go and upgrade yourselves to spa cabins. 

48 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Have your room steward get you an extra duvet. Fold it in half on the ground for 1 kid. The second kid on the sofa (the duvet on the floor may be softer than the sofa). Trade off nightly. 

alternately get a couple of extra duvets and both kids sleep on the floor to avoid fights. 

Grand and Gramps can have their own room never seen by the kids. 

tell your room steward exactly what you want to do and they will help set it up. 

yes I am definitely leaning towards this option! Worried about the ship feeling crowded so to have the spa access for the adults will help I think

14 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Why the requirement of connecting or right next door if the kids are all sleeping with you anyways? 

You can call after you book to buy the thermal passes. If for some reason they have none you could then go and upgrade yourselves to spa cabins. 

So we have already booked balcony rooms but we want to upgrade. Interconnecting rooms are super useful when the kids go to bed early so we can go next door and hang out with our parents etc. 

I’ve never heard of spa passes being sold out before the cruise, and they are almost always available when you board. If you don’t have a cabin for 4, there will not be a Pullman to take a mattress off of. The only difference between the balcony cabins and the minisuites is the size of the bathrooms.

12 hours ago, Zephie1985 said:

So we have already booked balcony rooms but we want to upgrade. Interconnecting rooms are super useful when the kids go to bed early so we can go next door and hang out with our parents etc. 

If you're upgrading just so 2/4 adults can get spa passes - have you called to inquire about just buying the passes?