Allure mini fridge to use?

3 minutes ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I pre-ordered the Evian water to be in the cabin.  Is the a mini-fridge I can use?  Will it be pre-loaded with stuff to buy?  We have a window cabin with the Park view.  Thanks!  Kris

It will not be preloaded but is there for you to use

Not as cold as you may like.  Nothing loaded as there were so many complaints regarding items in the fridge that Pax never purchased that I believe it's been a couple of years where the fridges are empty..

On 1/4/2020 at 11:05 AM, CruiserKris34 said:

I pre-ordered the Evian water to be in the cabin.  Is the a mini-fridge I can use?  Will it be pre-loaded with stuff to buy?  We have a window cabin with the Park view.  Thanks!  Kris

Our CP balcony had a fridge that got everything as cold as our home fridge. We kept 2 bottles of wine, 3 cans of soda, and 2 1-liter Evians in it. But if your fridge is only mildly cold, you can have your cabin attendant bring you ice daily.

BTW, it was a B2B and they let us take to our cabin the bottle of rum we bought on the last night of the 1st week.  We used our large Pirate Show mugs we got on the drive down to make some nice drinks every day on the 2nd half!

37 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Our CP balcony had a fridge that got everything as cold as our home fridge. We kept 2 bottles of wine, 3 cans of soda, and 2 1-liter Evians in it. But if your fridge is only mildly cold, you can have your cabin attendant bring you ice daily.

BTW, it was a B2B and they let us take to our cabin the bottle of rum we bought on the last night of the 1st week.  We used our large Pirate Show mugs we got on the drive down to make some nice drinks every day on the 2nd half!

I would not let the liquor guy  know  you are B2B. AFAIK,  they aren't supposed to sell to anyone staying on, but since they do not work for the cruise line, they are happy for your money so they do it.

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mayleeman said:

We are on a back to back this year and are hoping to find the same glitch.

8 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are on a back to back this year and are hoping to find the same glitch.

Spend some time in the store during the cruise. We stopped by to chat and ended up getting a private tasting from the store clerk. On another day we were given a full instructional tasting from a vendor's rep on board training people. We didn't ask for anything either time. I think they were just glad to have a chance to demonstrate expertise.

A little trick I learned somewhere on here in the past, is to keep the cabinet door that houses the fridge slightly ajar. This keeps the heat of the compressor on the fridge from heating the inside of the cabinet. It works to keep the items in the fridge cooler. 

We do this on every cruise now and were surprised at how much cooler our items were. Of course the stateroom attendant closes it when he comes in. 

Edited by SAS21

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I would not let the liquor guy  know  you are B2B. AFAIK,  they aren't supposed to sell to anyone staying on, but since they do not work for the cruise line, they are happy for your money so they do it.

We did this on our last b2b with a bottle of rum cream I would put in my coffee every morning.  Yummm