Harvest Kaye question-first visit

Buckeye10640

First visit to Harvest  Caye coming up in March.  I have seen  older posts saying that clamshell rental cannot be done until onboard, and that excursion credit can be used.  Is this still accurate? Do they have any beach umbrellas or is the clamshell their version of providing some shade. (Note: not interested in the pricey cabanas but I Iike the beach and husband prefers shade).  Also has anyone done parasailing here and if so, did you pre-book or were times available after you arrived? Thanks.

When I've visited Harvest Caye, I've seen the other areas available for rental in advance, but not the clamshells -- I've only seen that on board and yes, excursion credit comes out after that port visits. They don't have any other beach umbrellas. We did parasailing there and we did pre book -- I'm certain that they have activities available to book on board as well as once you arrive, but we booked everything in advance.

HTH.

We were just there last week. We were the only ship in port and there were tons of free umbrellas both at the beach and at the pool. We rented one of the pricey cabanas but we could have had our pick of umbrellas or shaded areas. 

Surprised that the umbrellas were free.  We had such a horrible experience at Harvest Cay, and I will avoid itineraries that include that island, or just stay on the ship.  Surprised they didn't charge to breathe the air!  On Breakaway with almost 5000 passengers, there was hardly a chair to be had on the cement, and the beach loungers were not easy to get either!  The place is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but just hated that we had to pay for everything (if I chose to..) including buying beers for $10/ea when I had the Premium Plus Beverage Package that I already paid for!  Never again will I go to this spot...Hope I have a better experience at GSC in April!  

• Like 1

I've done the parasailing and did pre-booked.  I've been there three times and I've never had a problem with finding a lounger in some shade.  Maybe I've been lucky.  I'll be there again in 1.5 weeks.  We're there for 12 hours, so I think I'm going to take the ferry over to the mainland for a few

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

I've done the parasailing and did pre-booked.  I've been there three times and I've never had a problem with finding a lounger in some shade.  Maybe I've been lucky.  I'll be there again in 1.5 weeks.  We're there for 12 hours, so I think I'm going to take the ferry over to the mainland for a few

Hmmm, are we on the same cruise?