Help in Choosing Horizon View Suite on Mariner

This will be our first time on a RSSC cruise. We are booking the Mariner for an Alaska cruise in August 2020 and would love advice on which Horizon View Suites are the best. Any advice on deck (7,8,9 or 10) and if there are any of the rooms that are better than the others (based on noise, balcony and room size, wifi strength, etc) would be much appreciated? I have heard that deck 10 can be a bit noisy from above, but not sure if that is still true after the refurb.

Thanks so much for any advice!

4 minutes ago, danielleaviva said:

This will be our first time on a RSSC cruise. We are booking the Mariner for an Alaska cruise in August 2020 and would love advice on which Horizon View Suites are the best. Any advice on deck (7,8,9 or 10) and if there are any of the rooms that are better than the others (based on noise, balcony and room size, wifi strength, etc) would be much appreciated? I have heard that deck 10 can be a bit noisy from above, but not sure if that is still true after the refurb.

Thanks so much for any advice!

We had one above lounge below so I guess 7.  Never again for us but if you plan on being in lounge until midnight ...no problem.  We enjoyed back view and large balcony very much. 

Mariner is one of our favourite ships in the Regent fleet and the Horizon suites are excellent - spacious and well configured.

Personally I would opt for deck 8 or 9; then you are less at risk of noise from above or below.

Also I would avoid 990 as that suite has a tub/shower combination. IMO the shower-only bathrooms on Mariner are preferable (marked on the deck plans with an asterisk)

Have great cruise 😎

We had a SS Aft suite on the Mariner for a TA.  On Deck 9.  I think this is a perfect deck because it is high enough above the Horizon lounge so you hear nothing from there and two decks below la Veranda on 11 so you hear nothing from there either.  You WILL feel the stern thrusters though...when docking or sailing away from the dock.