Advice for solo dining on RCL?

I'm a longtime NCL cruiser sailing on my first RCL ship next month. 

I'm hoping for some advice on how best to navigate the MDR for solo dining. 

I often enjoy dinner with just a good book, and on NCL it's usually no problem to get seated a a 2-top outside of the real peak times. Should I expect a similar experience on Anthem next month?

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you have MTD you will be seated at a 2 top.  If you have fixed dining send an e mail to rcldining@rccl.com and request to be seated at a 2 top. 

Thanks. I opted for MTD.

Was hoping for details like which MDR if any is best for this, suggested times (I assume later is better), etc. 

5 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Thanks. I opted for MTD.

Was hoping for details like which MDR if any is best for this, suggested times (I assume later is better), etc. 

You don’t have a choice of which dining room.  Times really won’t matter.  It is standard practice for MTD to not seat guests from different parties together unless they request it. 

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You don’t have a choice of which dining room.  Times really won’t matter.  It is standard practice for MTD to not seat guests from different parties together unless they request it. 

I don't have a choice? Isn't there more than 1?

You should have a very similar experience in the MDRs on Royal as you have had on NCL.

Although there are 4 dining rooms (named and decorated differently) on the Anthem, there is no difference to the service or menus offered.  Your Seapass card will tell you what floor MTD is on and you will be seated at a 2-top.  If you generally eat later there shouldn't be much of a wait for a table even if you choose not to make reservations for dinner.

Just note that most 2 tops I have seen on Anthem are very close to the next 2 top.  Feel free to ask for a 2 top on its own if you wish, they will do their best to make you happy.

Have a great trip!

There are two restaurants for MTD.  We alternated between them.  Originally Anthem had four separate restaurants each with their distinct menu.  Apparently people didn’t care for this so they  made them have the same menus.  Just the theme is different.

35 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

I'm a longtime NCL cruiser sailing on my first RCL ship next month. 

I'm hoping for some advice on how best to navigate the MDR for solo dining. 

I often enjoy dinner with just a good book, and on NCL it's usually no problem to get seated a a 2-top outside of the real peak times. Should I expect a similar experience on Anthem next month?

oh well do not overlook and Windjammer for dinner.  It is used a lot and the variety is nice, the room is quieter and you can have your pick of table to read a book.  the variety of food is good and you can see and select what you want.

they even have a grill for meats.

I know this because I too travel solo sometimes and love the windjammer.  Even the Captain and officers eat there.

• Like 1