Cozumel restaurant/beach

40 minutes ago, fpcruiser said:

What is the best restaurant/beach within walking distance from ship? We will have a 1 and 3 year old with us. What are the rules, do you have to purchase something which is no problem.

I'd walk to the Puerta Maya pier which is right next to the pier that Royal normally uses (International Pier) and go to Pancho's Backyard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fpcruiser said:

What is the best restaurant/beach within walking distance from ship? We will have a 1 and 3 year old with us. What are the rules, do you have to purchase something which is no problem.

Assuming you are on a larger ship and dock at International we have enjoyed a hassle-free day with 1 and 3 year old at Park Royal, which is within walking distance of International. (Some smaller ships dock in town which would be a long, hot walk.)  With a stroller I suggest walking on the ocean side until you reach the hotel as the sidewalks are better.

We purchased AI day pass in the lobby. It has been a few years but I believe it may be $60 now for adults (we paid much less) but I did see a promotional rate on a board outside last month saying it was reduced to $30(?). Infants (maybe under 3 or 5?) used to be free. You would need to email hotel direct for current pricing and Make sure you get the day pass rate, not a timeshare rate.

There are 2-3 swimming pools and a kids pool. Across the road from hotel, reached via an underpass there is a small, calm beach area. There are maybe a couple of snack bars on the property and a nice inside buffet area out of the heat. We have been a couple of times and find it very convenient and no transport costs offset the AI price. 

Edited by c-leg5