Sold out cruise Q- upgrade

Nursemc

Just checking if anyone knows the answer to this. Might be a silly question! It looks like the Norwegian getaway 7 night NOLA sailing on 26 Jan 20 is sold out as you can no longer hook online through NCL website, so does that mean anyone that bidded on the upgrade offer won’t get it?

I’m booked on the 1/26 Epic cruise. I originally booked an inside state room then placed a bid in November for a balcony. The cruise showed sold out about ten days ago and it still shows sold out. On Monday I received an email that my bid was accepted and I’m in an aft balcony. Don’t know how that works?.....So yes, you can get an upgrade after they show sold out.

• Thanks 1

Great there is still hope so! That all makes sense. Thanks for the replies. I have another query I just looked at my upgrade bid and this message is beside it “Pricing above reflects a discount. Act fast! Promotion valid until 17 Jan 2020“.  Anyone know what I do about this??

TIA 

3 hours ago, Nursemc said:

Great there is still hope so! That all makes sense. Thanks for the replies. I have another query I just looked at my upgrade bid and this message is beside it “Pricing above reflects a discount. Act fast! Promotion valid until 17 Jan 2020“.  Anyone know what I do about this??

TIA 

Hmm, so they've taken on the hard sell on the bed process?

6 hours ago, Nursemc said:

TIA 

My bid shows this also. The original low bid was $75 for the upgrade and they just lowered it to $40. Bids on sale?

A cruise can sell out for one of two reasons. The first one would (obviously) be if they were sold out of cabins. But there is also a passenger maximum, which can be reached if alot of people have 3 or 4 ppl in their rooms, and this would leave some cabins empty, allowing for some upgrades to still be available.   Good luck, hope you get your upgrade  🙂 

• Thanks 1

Also, typically people who book last minute are looking for fire sales.  So they probably want to take care of the people who paid full price and are willing to pay more for upgrade before selling the last few cabins at below market sale prices... revenue maximization and all... 

They may also have a group that hasn't been fully loaded into the system and might release a groups unsold cabins last minute. 

So don't give up, you still could have your bid accepted

• Thanks 1

So,,, I have a question about upgrades.  On the Norwegian website, where do you go to bid on upgrades?  I put in a bid for the Getaway on March 1, and I would like to revise it.  I have looked everywhere.  Maybe somebody can help me. 

3 minutes ago, dgartin said:

... website, where do you go to bid on upgrades?  I put in a bid for the Getaway on March 1, and I would like to revise it.  I have looked everywhere ... 

Look for the original email offer(s) to bid, the confirmation email that said your bid(s) has been accepted ... yada, yad - both of them has the URL link to review, modify and/or cancel your bid, up to the 48 hours cutoff/notification.

If you are logged into your MyNCL dot com account with the reservation pulled up, the pop-up/banner message link is also there.  

7 minutes ago, dgartin said:

Sadly, I cannot find it ... Maybe I dreamed it!!!  Thanks anyway.

Ooops, it could be a system clitch or error, TGIF.  Are you 100% sure you are booked, payment in full on the GA sailing March 1, 2020 ?  Is the reservation/booking there, perhaps your hubby directly upgraded instead ... planning to surprise you.