Princess Oceans of Offers sale

I have read on the main Princess board that passengers in the US have been able to add the "Oceans of Offers" benefits to existing bookings. Has anyone in Australia been able to do this?

I will phone my TA today, but I want to know beforehand if anyone has been able to do this. Benefits are internet (we have this anyway as Elite), alcohol package (don't usually buy this) and some extra OBC. I will have to calculate if any additional cost is worth it to us.

I think their's is called the Best ever Sale, as you say ours is Oceans of Offers which the fine print states is only for new bookings where you have the option of lower fare or  inclusive fare.

Some from the UK on our Majestic Rollcall have had the Best ever Sale drinks package added to their booking, but I can't see that sale on Princess AU.

Hopefully your TA will have some answers.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have read on the main Princess board that passengers in the US have been able to add the "Oceans of Offers" benefits to existing bookings. Has anyone in Australia been able to do this?

I will phone my TA today, but I want to know beforehand if anyone has been able to do this. Benefits are internet (we have this anyway as Elite), alcohol package (don't usually buy this) and some extra OBC. I will have to calculate if any additional cost is worth it to us.

I have seen posts elsewhere saying people were able to refare under the Oceans of Offers promotion. 

I looked at it for a cruise we're doing later this year but decided it wasn't worth it to us - we like being able to order wines off the full wine list, not just those by the glass. Plus we've had issues getting enough wine by the glass with dinner in the MDR in the past.

Thanks for your responses. My TA has asked me to email them with details of our bookings. I realise it won't apply on the cruises where we have paid the balance, but on two cruises later in the year it COULD be advantageous. However, as we have free internet anyway (Elite), it would only be adding the drinks package and some OBC.

I won't be surprised if the answer comes back that the promo will only apply to new bookings. But hey, if you don't ask, you don't receive.😁

I costed out refaring a 13 night cruise under the Oceans of Offers Best Value.

It worked out to $47.53  difference a day p/p. ( around $600 more for the cruise fare)

Considering the drinks package is about $86.99AUD?? it is not a bad deal.

But as we have free internet, mini bar and are able to take our own wine onboard if we want, I am not sure that we would cover spending around $100 per day on other drinks,( for the 2 of us) actually I am pretty sure we would not.

I agree with Ozkiwi re ordering by the glass at dinner, easier when your bottle is sitting there.

Refaring would also become a problem if the price drops and the sale is not available, you would lose  the extras.

Hmm, decisions.

Oh, also when i just did a mock booking and you click on Offer details, it is called Best Ever Sale not Oceans of Offers Sale, they must have changed the name for us Aussies but kept the small print the same.

Edited by cheznandy

31 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

I costed out refaring a 13 night cruise under the Oceans of Offers Best Value.

It worked out to $47.53  difference a day p/p. ( around $600 more for the cruise fare)

Considering the drinks package is about $86.99AUD?? it is not a bad deal.

But as we have free internet, mini bar and are able to take our own wine onboard if we want, I am not sure that we would cover spending around $100 per day on other drinks,( for the 2 of us) actually I am pretty sure we would not.

I agree with Ozkiwi re ordering by the glass at dinner, easier when your bottle is sitting there.

Refaring would also become a problem if the price drops and the sale is not available, you would lose  the extras.

Hmm, decisions.

Oh, also when i just did a mock booking and you click on Offer details, it is called Best Ever Sale not Oceans of Offers Sale, they must have changed the name for us Aussies but kept the small print the same.

Interesting. We don't drink that much, but if we had the drinks package we would probably have a couple more drinks, but $100 a day for two? No, we don't drink that much. I am planning on taking our own wine (from Dan Murphys) and paying corkage.

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Interesting. We don't drink that much, but if we had the drinks package we would probably have a couple more drinks, but $100 a day for two? No, we don't drink that much. I am planning on taking our own wine (from Dan Murphys) and paying corkage.

With the new wine list we work the other way - we're prepared to pay a little extra for wines so we can indulge in European wines that we rarely get a chance to drink at home. These are our cruise treats. 😊

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

6 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yes I re fared  our15 day Northern Explorer 2021 and it worked out at $40 pp per day for drink package and net, win win as the base price had gone down by $200 also from our initial fare.

Happy Happy

Cheers Carole

I had my travel agent cost it for me after I had made final payment; he rang Princess and it was going to be in excess of $1300 each for the 35 nights.  We would not drink that much, so have not gone ahead with it.  Would rather pay as we go.

50 minutes ago, Marjule said:

I had my travel agent cost it for me after I had made final payment; he rang Princess and it was going to be in excess of $1300 each for the 35 nights.  We would not drink that much, so have not gone ahead with it.  Would rather pay as we go.

That is only $37 a day = 3 alcoholic drinks ,,a latte,,,a couple of bottles of water 

Cheers

16 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

That is only $37 a day = 3 alcoholic drinks ,,a latte,,,a couple of bottles of water 

Cheers

I do appreciate your reply, but if I can save over $2500 I will and put it toward excursions.  We won't be drinking that much alcohol and I just intend to buy the coffee cards and pay as we go for the alcohol.  Some days we won't even have alcohol.  I have done my sums and it suits me but If you are a drinker, then go for it, it is half the price.

• Haha 1

My lovely TA spent quite a while trying to get us something under Princess' 'Oceans of Offers' promotion for the cruises we have booked. The promo includes the unlimited beverage package, internet (we have that anyway as Elite) and on some cruises, $100 OBC.

To get the benefits of the promotion, we would have to cancel and re-book, but in every case, either the promo doesn't apply, or the price went up too much. Our next cruise isn't eligible because the promo is for cruises from April on.

We are booked on the April Hawaii/Tahiti cruise at a good price, but to get the Oceans of Offers deal, we would have to pay brochure price - double what we have booked at. No thanks.☹️

My next cruise is a segment of the World Cruise, but the promo doesn't apply to the WC or segments thereof. ☹️

We have booked a NZ cruise in November, at a good price. To re-book under the promo, it would cost us an extra $1,650 for two, that is $59 per day pp. ☹️OK, this is less than the beverage package normally costs, but we don't drink enough to warrant paying that much extra.

Yes, not all promos are good deals for everyone, Aus Traveller. I checked one cruise we had booked and it would cost $1670 for two, or just under $50 pp a day. So we'd save around $5pp per day on drinks (based on our daily average spend on a recent cruise) for the inconvenience of only being able to get wines by the glass, one glass at a time, in the MDRs. If we couldn't get our usual three glasses of wine each at dinner we'd be losing on the deal. It's not worth it to us, plus there is more choice when buying wines by the bottle.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

We have just added the deal to our already booked cruise. £35 pppd was a no brainer, we would have bought the drinks package anyway. This included tip, premium drinks and internet. We travel in Feb 2020.

We worked the original cost for the drinks as being 7 drinks per day ( including coffee, water etc) which we easily reach. The first night at dinner we encourage the wine waiter to understand our needs, including a dessert wine or port. We have never found a problem in them refilling our glasses.

I like the all inclusive concept.

Edited by jomf
  • Thanks 1