Reflection app?

39august

First time with Celebrity and on Reflection at the end of the month..  Do we both need to download the APP?  Is it worth it to have it?  Should I check in online or in APP?  Does it really matter?

I ask because we did this for Princess and it was a total mess.  Princess actually said my husband was fine but I had canceled my cruise.  Total pain and not a good way to start the cruise.

On board Reflection just before Christmas. App worked just fine and we found it very convenient for making dinner decisions and getting shore excursion tickets etc.  I checked in online, but our express passes also showed up on the app. We only downloaded it on one phone so I don’t know how the communication piece worked out.

I traveled with a group at New Year’s on reflection. We all downloaded the app and used it for texting. It was easy to use and we did get notifications when we received texts.   It was useful to look at the schedule for events. I didn’t really check menus that often, but I did notice that the last night menu was incorrect in the app. For the texting alone, I think it is worth it  

Just off the Reflection, it worked really good especially for the texting feature. The planner unfortunately  doesn't show all the things that are happening. The Xpress pass worked great as well. You don't have to purchase the wifi but u do have to be on the wifi system.  It will come up with 2 choices, too "purchase wifi" or "use the app for free" the texting feature was just great to see where people are

57 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Just off the Reflection, it worked really good especially for the texting feature. The planner unfortunately  doesn't show all the things that are happening. The Xpress pass worked great as well. You don't have to purchase the wifi but u do have to be on the wifi system.  It will come up with 2 choices, too "purchase wifi" or "use the app for free" the texting feature was just great to see where people are

The planner is defaulted to "Recommended" under filter at the top.    If you change it to Show All you will probably find everything.    This isn't always populated until a week before cruise.