Cancelling a Cruise - any tips on best way to do this?

NJ&Ozzie

Hi,

Have not cancelled a cruise before.  Pretty sure we will be cancelling one coming up with a final payment date of July 14th, 2020 - a non-refundable cruise with $900 deposit down.

Can anyone direct me to threads dealing with this issue?  or ideas on best time to cancel, etc.  I know there has been discussion but can't locate threads.  

Thanks so much!

NJ 

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Cancel as close to final payment date as possible.  That will give you the latest date to use the Future Cruise Credit you will get from the remainder of the non-refundable deposit.

Ok great.  Thanks Bob - will do.  Guess that's one of the most important things then.

NJ 

2 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Ok great.  Thanks Bob - will do.  Guess that's one of the most important things then.

NJ 

Yep, you will lose $100 per person, but get the rest back in FCCs (one for each guest) that last one year from the date you cancel.

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yep, you will lose $100 per person, but get the rest back in FCCs (one for each guest) that last one year from the date you cancel.

Thought $$ back to our credit card so good to know.

Again, thanks.

NJ 

4 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

If one person decides not to cruise within the year, can the FCC be gifted to someone else?

Ken can confirm, but I believe the FCC is not transferrable.

However, what I don't know is if the originally named person on the FCC can be booked on a cruise with someone else, and that name can be changed without losing the FCC.

45 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Cancel as close to final payment date as possible.  That will give you the latest date to use the Future Cruise Credit you will get from the remainder of the non-refundable deposit.

Another school of thought is to call before final payment and see if they will credit the entire amount to another cruise. Depending on the sailing and the cabin, Royal might want it back before final payment.  They do stand a better chance moving it for top dollar if it's before final.

It worked for me😉

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Ken can confirm, but I believe the FCC is not transferrable.

However, what I don't know is if the originally named person on the FCC can be booked on a cruise with someone else, and that name can be changed without losing the FCC.

Definitely non transferable. 

Not sure on tje the second part 

• Thanks 1