Southern Carribean 12/28 & BSE questions?

NthernLgts

Hi Everybody.  Been a member a long time, but also away from the boards a long time too.  I'm cruise starved!  We are looking at the 12/28 Southern Carribean cruise to Aruba/Bonaire/Curacao over New Years for our 20th Anniversary.  The Best Sale Ever looks like it could be a good deal.  I like the idea of including the gratuities & drink pkg (WiFi I'd like to get away from, but I get the draw there too).  A lot of people here say it is a good deal but what do they actually charge you pp to add it on?  And apparently you can add it on to any cruise, but I think I'm missing something on the particulars.  Are the reduced refundable deposits only when you book thru Princess (I love Princess, but at booking direct pricing???)?  Thoughts?  Thanks.

The add on's that everyone is talking about is that you can "add" BSE to your existing reservation. If it is a new cruise you are booking, you book under BSE. If you do not want the amenities that BSE offers, you can book it for less with just the cruise.

9 minutes ago, Married15 said:

The add on's that everyone is talking about is that you can "add" BSE to your existing reservation. If it is a new cruise you are booking, you book under BSE. If you do not want the amenities that BSE offers, you can book it for less with just the cruise.

Thank you.  I just now saw your codes on another post.  Is the reduced refundable deposit option only via booking direct?

Value Price Dif HSC Dif PPPD for PBP+wifi
Inside    1729- 1399= 330-116=214 /8= 26.75/day
Oceanview 2359- 2029= 330-116=214 /8= 26.75/day
Balcony   2409- 2059= 350-116=234 /8= 29.25/day
Minisuite 3049- 2699= 350-124=226 /8= 28.25/day

For the OP: @NthernLgts, I ran your cruise and jotted down the Best Value (BSE) and Best Price, subtracted grats, divided by 8-nights for the cost per person per day for PBP and Internet. Remember that PBP normally runs over $70pppd. Even if you never log on to the wifi, it doesn't take very many drinks (of ANY type, up to $12 each) to make the Best Value deal worthwhile.

I have never considered Princess PBP at rack rate. But I added-on for two cruises I had booked and was so attracted to this sale, I found another cruise to book in 2021 under the BSE! I may not be done yet!

Crystalspin, thank you for that.  According to Married15 it appears there are options for adding any combination of grats/PBP/Wifi on to an existing cruise too.  Voljeep... I dont know what HSC stands for but the dollars work out to the gratuity amount.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NthernLgts said:

Crystalspin, thank you for that.  According to Married15 it appears there are options for adding any combination of grats/PBP/Wifi on to an existing cruise too.  Voljeep... I dont know what HSC stands for but the dollars work out to the gratuity amount.

then it's hotel service charge … got it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NthernLgts said:

One more question on BSE.  Does the beverage pkg include both alcohol & soda/Premium coffee, Or is it one or the other for each passenger?

yes, includes all of the above - alcohol drinks include drinks priced $12 and under

6 hours ago, NthernLgts said:

Yes Hotel Service Charge=gratuities.

I believe the BEST2 add-ons were to add on to fares that already included either grats or wifi (if you had Sip-n-Sail, adding grats+wifi was already as cheap as the add-on). Some have said they had a no-perk fare and added BEST2DG (drinks and gratuities but no wifi) to their ALREADY EXISTING bookings, and not the BEST3 (Elites already have some minutes of wifi included, for example).

I'm not sure that I've heard of a NEW booking, bought "Best Price" (bare-bones) and then add only, say, PBP and grats, and come out a few dollars ahead. In fact if you did that and added BEST3 at $40pppd, you'd be $2-$4/day ahead on the BSE fare, and I'm sure that wasn't the idea!