Oslo cruise terminal

babelfish

3 hours ago, babelfish said:

Which port terminal does the Nieuw Statendam use when visiting Oslo?  Thanks

@babelfish

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. 👍 However, please note the following information is at the top of each page in the forum:

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

Since your new thread on the forum concerns a specific Port of Call, I have moved your thread to the Ports of Call - Europe - Northern Europe & Baltic Sea forum where it will be on-topic. This is where all things Aarhus, Bergen, Copenhagen, Gdansk, Greenland, Helsinki, Oslo, Reykjavik, Riga, St. Petersburg, Stockholm & Tallinn are discussed. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members will have already posted questions and received answers that will help you.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience, and you might win a prize from Cruise Critic! emo34.gif See the latest list of winners: Write a Review and You May Win a Prize Like These Members Did! (January 9, 2020)

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!

Pier assignments vary, depending on the situation, but most cruise ships use the Akershuskaia port alongside Akershus Fortress. Last year saw a noticeable increase in the number of big ships that used Revierkaia (on the other side of the peninsula, across from the opera house) instead.

As discussed in a recent thread, the port authority’s cruise schedule for 2020 is not available yet, but in the next few months you should be able to find it online.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 7:45 PM, babelfish said:

Which port terminal does the Nieuw Statendam use when visiting Oslo?  Thanks

A preliminary cruise list for 2020 is available, and the Nieuw Statendam is scheduled to dock at the main cruise terminal at Søndre Akershuskai on 8 May and 2 June, and at Revierkaia, across from the opera house, on 3 & 28 July and 25 August.

5 hours ago, les37b said:

Full listing in the file attached

Mine seems to be in VIP Quay. Any idea where that is on a Map?

Is it where I've dropped the pin? Must be in this vicinity I'd have thought.

image.png.ff6f9c6f8fe0b489bf2a322d6b2dbdc7.png

VIP is the Vippetangen pier, which is similar to the primary Søndre Akerskuskai pier, but farther out along the peninsula. In your map, I'd expect to dock alongside the point marked Oslo Havn or where the tiny ship is in the satellite photo.

The point marked on your map is Vippa, a food truck court built in a former shipping warehouse. (The ferry routes departing from that point have actually been relocated to Rådhusbrygge, and the former ferry queuing area is now outside seating for the food hall.)