Specialty Restaurants

kdpatte

Those are perfect.....now to choose which one.   I think we are going to do the steakhouse and the italian for sure.  Now just need to decide between the brazilian grill or the tappanaki.  Suggestions anyone???

Just my opinions...

The salad bar at Moderno is incredible. Sushi, cheese, amazing salads, soup, etc. I've gone couple times and am always guilty of overeating and then not being able to eat a lot of meat after. In my opinion, some is great, and some is dry and overcooked. The sides that come out, the bread, and the pineapple are all great, though. If you like trying lots of things, this is a great choice.

I really like Teppanaki. They have good choices on the menu, the fried rice is incredibly yummy, and the show is good. They don't do any tricks with fire, so don't expect that. And dessert options are green tea cake or fresh fruit - not the best choices in my opinion. But still a good choice.

I should add that the specialty cocktails in both restaurants are really yummy. You can go to their respective bars and order them too. Either restaurant is a nice choice, just depends on what kind of food you are interested in.

1 hour ago, bigjcruiser said:

Thanks for the above, helps me too. If you have free at sea can you book online beforehand (apologies I know this will have been asked before). We are a group of 8 and definitely want to do Teppanyaki but need to decide on the other two. 

Bookings can be made online, I think it's 90 days prior to sailing that you get the option to place reservations.

Teppanyaki is popular and there are far less covers than at other speciality restaurants ship dependant, given your group size I'd get it booked at the earliest opportunity.

13 hours ago, AKR2011 said:

Just my opinions...

The salad bar at Moderno is incredible. Sushi, cheese, amazing salads, soup, etc. I've gone couple times and am always guilty of overeating and then not being able to eat a lot of meat after. In my opinion, some is great, and some is dry and overcooked. The sides that come out, the bread, and the pineapple are all great, though. If you like trying lots of things, this is a great choice.....

I agree, re the salad bar at Moderno, we love it! Generally we take a larger than normal portion of salad, and restrict our meat to filet mignon cuts and one other.....we go easy on the sides! Pineapple to finish. That way you don't feel stuffed, and can enjoy the best salad bar at sea....by far.

We understand that, for most folks, Moderno should be about the meats....but we can focus on that at the other specialties during our cruise, where there is no salad bar.

Edited by hamrag

@kdpatte note that Moderno is not on all ships.  Also note that only 25% of dining reservations are made available for booking online before the cruise, the rest open up for booking on the ship on embarkation day so if you can't get the day and time you want, try booking as soon as you board.

3 hours ago, KonkyWonky said:

Bookings can be made online, I think it's 90 days prior to sailing that you get the option to place reservations.

Teppanyaki is popular and there are far less covers than at other speciality restaurants ship dependant, given your group size I'd get it booked at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks - will bear that in mind and keep an eye out when we get to the 90 day mark!