What happens to pre-booked excursions with a name change?

chadcf

We are letting my daughter take a friend on our cruise in August, but at the age of 14 there is a lot of drama in her friend group and she's already changed her mind twice on what friend she wants to bring. I booked the room a while ago knowing that I could always change the name, but I'd like to book some excursions ahead of time before things sell out and I'm wondering what happens to that if I change the name on the reservation. Do they get cancelled? Or transferred to the replacement name?

Also does anyone know what the deadline is to change a name? I found some posts saying you could do it up to 24 hours before departure but those were from a decade ago and I can't find anything current in royal caribbeans FAQ.

I don't think you'll have an issues with most of the excursions because you get a ticket in your cabin without a name on it.  I haven't been on RC in a while, but I have been on Celebrity, so I don't know if this has changed. 

Also, I'm not sure, but I think you have to give a little more time than 24 hours for the cruise ticket.  We changed a name once and was told that you can't change the name of the primary person only the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.  

Another thing to consider. I personally would not be comfortable taking someone else's child without them having a passport. It takes some time to get a passport, so make sure if your daughter is changing her mind, she does in far enough in advance for the new guest to secure a passport. 

21 hours ago, TRadle said:

I don't think you'll have an issues with most of the excursions because you get a ticket in your cabin without a name on it.  I haven't been on RC in a while, but I have been on Celebrity, so I don't know if this has changed. 

Also, I'm not sure, but I think you have to give a little more time than 24 hours for the cruise ticket.  We changed a name once and was told that you can't change the name of the primary person only the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.  

All our ship sponsored excursions, Celebrity and RC have always had our last name and first names and our cabin number printed on them. We've never had to show an ID with them. 

Edited by davekathy

Anything booked through the cruise planner is attached to the the room and not the individual.  

There have been several posts where people have had 2 rooms, switched occupants and the new occupants got the previous occupants cruise planner purchases. In one case this created a huge problem as the delux drink package that was originally purchased for an adult was now attached to a minor and was cancelled because of that. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

All our ship sponsored excursions, Celebrity and RC have always had our last name and first names and our cabin number printed on them. We've never had to show an ID with them. 

Freedom March 2019...

801_Moment (4)_LI.jpg

Edited by davekathy

6 minutes ago, TRadle said:

Yep, that's new.  Our last cruise was 3 years ago on Celebrity and we just had what looked like a theather ticket...no name or cabin. 

Celebrity also does it. I thought I also had a picture from our September 2019 Summit cruise shore excursion tickets. 

37 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity also does it. I thought I also had a picture from our September 2019 Summit cruise shore excursion tickets. 

We were on the Solstice in July of 2017 and they didn't do it then.  It was an Alaskan cruise and I would think that the flights most likely had names and cabin numbers but I don't think they train did.  We sail on RCI in September so I'm sure we'll see lots of changes. 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Anything booked through the cruise planner is attached to the the room and not the individual.  

That's strange, because when I choose something in the cruise planner it makes me select the guests by name who it is for...

Just now, chadcf said:

That's strange, because when I choose something in the cruise planner it makes me select the guests by name who it is for...

Yes it does but that guest name is there because it is assigned to the berth in the cabin.

Think of the cabin and berths 1, 2, 3 and 4 as being permanent and everything else  being assigned temporarily to it. You can assign purchases temporarily for 1 cruise the same as names.  Changing one does not change the other. 

11 hours ago, chadcf said:

For booking purposes only. You purchased the tickets and they are yours to do with as you please. You can give them away to anyone to use. 

Edited by davekathy