Gold Wine Package on Emerald 15 day

greymom3

8 hours ago, greymom3 said:

Does anyone recently on Emerald remember if the wine package (Gold) was offered?

Just off last week, and yes, the Gold package was available.  And availability of wines was good -- every bottle I requested was in stock. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, greymom3 said:

Good to know.  Thank you!

Yes, that is good to know, but what is REALLY good to know is whether the wine package is available BEFORE we board a cruise. I would not drag 12 bottles of wine onboard if I would be assured the wine package would be available. The availability is hit or miss, and the information is not available until one boards the ship.

Janet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maggie777 said:

We purchased the package in October but many items were out of stock. When you find something you like order several.

Good idea!  The very first night we ate in Sabatini and the first wine we chose was one they didn't have and probably won't carry any longer.

3 hours ago, sun&sea said:

Yes, that is good to know, but what is REALLY good to know is whether the wine package is available BEFORE we board a cruise. I would not drag 12 bottles of wine onboard if I would be assured the wine package would be available. The availability is hit or miss, and the information is not available until one boards the ship.

Janet

Not available before the cruise.

So when would you purchase this wine package?  Your first night at dinner?  Do you have to request it or will the server offer it?  And what does the gold package include?  We have only cruised on Disney/Royal Caribbean and Disney always offers a wine package...thanks!  

Edited by brewcrew
hit submit before i was done typing

We'll be on Emerald at the end of March for a 15 day cruise. We contemplated buying a wine package and have done so on previous cruises. This time, we are choosing to bring our own and pay the corkage. We don't have a sophisticated palate and are not inclined to pay $45.00 a bottle for wine when we can bring our own for half that price including the corkage charge. Everyone has to do what works for them.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Northumberland said:

We'll be on Emerald at the end of March for a 15 day cruise. We contemplated buying a wine package and have done so on previous cruises. This time, we are choosing to bring our own and pay the corkage. We don't have a sophisticated palate and are not inclined to pay $45.00 a bottle for wine when we can bring our own for half that price including the corkage charge. Everyone has to do what works for them.

Well you don't actually pay $45 (or is it $49), you choose wines of that value or less.  You save approx 20% on each bottle since you don't pay the full price.