Duty on excess alcohol in Ireland

ropomo

From my research, it appears that liquor is quite expensive in Ireland.  Doing a precruise stay in Dublin prior to cruise.  I'm on Oceania so bringing liquor on board is not an issue.  I would like to buy liquor for precruise and cruise at duty free at Dublin airport.  Can anyone here give me an idea of what duty per liter above one liter per person duty free limit would be?

1 hour ago, ropomo said:

From my research, it appears that liquor is quite expensive in Ireland.  Doing a precruise stay in Dublin prior to cruise.  I'm on Oceania so bringing liquor on board is not an issue.  I would like to buy liquor for precruise and cruise at duty free at Dublin airport.  Can anyone here give me an idea of what duty per liter above one liter per person duty free limit would be?

As far as I know, you can only buy duty free at an airport if you are on a departing flight from that airport. I have always had to provide a boarding pass for any purchase at a duty free store.

Edited by gnome12

7 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

As far as I know, you can only buy duty free at an airport if you are on a departing flight from that airport. I have always had to provide a boarding pass for any purchase at a duty free store.

You are most likely correct as this has been the norm for our travels.  However, our recent trip into Bergen, Norway there was a duty free next to the baggage carousels.  So I will rephrase my question to only pertain to the duty on excess alcohol regardless of its source.