Platinum Certificates Entree $ Max question

jkloni

We are cruising on the Getaway February 23rd and will have 2 Platinum certificates to use - 1 for Cagneys or LeBistro, and 1 for Moderno or La Cucina's.  On the NCL website, the certificate usage info says entrees up to $20 are included and an up charge for difference in price of entrees more than $20..... Ok, I'm ok with that.

I just looked at recent menus of Cagneys and LeBistro scanned in from a Dec 2019 cruise on the Getaway, and there are no entrees at $20 or less.  The filet at LeBistro in March 2019 was $19.95. It's $26 on the menu.  Anyone with recent experience? Has the entree dollar amount allowed increased?  Or any meal now ordered with an entree will come with an upcharge?   Thanks in advance for the help.  Kathy  

Edited by jkloni

This past week on the Pearl, my Platinum certificates delivered to my cabin indicated entree prices up to $25 were covered.  This was my first time as Platinum and getting the certificates.  Upon reviewing the menus, we too found there weren't many entrees at $25 or below.  Upon being seated in the restaurants, however, the waiter explained that all entrees up to $35 were covered by the certificates.  This covered most all of the entrees and we certainly found a couple that we liked to try.  We had great meals at Cagney's and La Cucina.  I'm guessing they have thousands of pre-printed certificates to use up with the old prices printed on them.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Here's what the NCL website Latitudes reward chart actually says:

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

17 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

Here's what the NCL website Latitudes reward chart actually says:

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. No restaurant substitutions. Names vary by ship. Restaurants not available on all ships. On Norwegian Bliss, Moderno is replaced by Los Lobos or Q. On Norwegian Joy, Moderno is replaced by Food Republic or Q. In Food Republic, the benefit entitles each guest to a total food value of $35 per guest. On Norwegian Encore, Moderno or La Cucina is replaced by Los Lobos or Q.

Thank you!   I looked under NCL's FAQ and not the Latitudes Reward Chart.  I appreciate the information.

Kathy

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The new certificates have been fixed. And you would pay the price difference if you exceed $35 (sometimes the waiters just comp the whole meal even if it exceeds $35). 

I’m on the Gem now. When we ate in Le Bistro the other night and had the Dover sole, absurdly and artificially priced now by NCL at $39, we were in fact charged the additional $4.00 plus a 20% service charge. Can we afford $9.60?  Yes, but this is one of the prime examples of NCL’s utter lack of understanding of business goodwill (or just not caring about it), and money grabbing.

The icing on the cake was that the fish was not very good, nor was the service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I’m on the Gem now. When we ate in Le Bistro the other night and had the Dover sole, absurdly and artificially priced now by NCL at $39, we were in fact charged the additional $4.00 plus a 20% service charge. Can we afford $9.60?  Yes, but this is one of the prime examples of NCL’s utter lack of understanding of business goodwill (or just not caring about it), and money grabbing.

The icing on the cake was that the fish was not very good, nor was the service. 

NCL hates Platinum cruisers. It's so obvious. Frank Del Rio wants his ships filled with selfie-taking millennial first-time cruisers who don't know any better. 

Enjoy your EMPTY SHIPS when the recession hits, Frank. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PortFees45 said:

NCL hates Platinum cruisers. It's so obvious. Frank Del Rio wants his ships filled with selfie-taking millennial first-time cruisers who don't know any better. 

Enjoy your EMPTY SHIPS when the recession hits, Frank. 

First, you know that Frank is not the CEO of NCL, Harry is. 

And yes, the old cruises (platinums) will keep coming back until they die. The cruise line MUST attract and cater to the millennials who are the next generation cruisers and keep them coming back. THAT is just business 101. 

First I am technically a millennial and I am platinum. I’ve paid for all my cruises with my own money. So I take offense over the bashing of millienials. I actually think NCL takes good care of us Platinums.

second am I able to Prebook my free dinner reservations? I looked and availability is pretty thin for the good times on my cruise, I would hate to miss out on using my benefit by waiting till I board to book. 

Edited by tracyfitzs

35 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

second am I able to Prebook my free dinner reservations? I looked and availability is pretty thin for the good times on my cruise, I would hate to miss out on using my benefit by waiting till I board to book. 

If you don't have the dining package you'll be charged for booking Teppanyaki or Moderno, but otherwise you can book your free dinners just like any other specialty restaurant. Just tell them when you are seated that you are using your platinum coupon.  If you do have the dining package book the flat rate restaurants first so you won't be charged online.

38 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

First I am technically a millennial and I am platinum. I’ve paid for all my cruises with my own money. So I take offense over the bashing of millienials. I actually think NCL takes good care of us Platinums.

Yes you can book , just make a normal reservation either online or by phone and then let your server know your are using a Platinum voucher.  

• Like 1