Looking for Rec for "Fancy"

Planning a cruise for my friend who is going through a separation and can use a pick me up.  When I asked her about criterion she said she didn't care as much about the ports as she wanted a fancy ship with good service - think getting pampered.

Recommendations please

thank you

2 minutes ago, Spunky946 said:

I don’t really consider any of the Royal shops fancy.  Are there certain things she is looking for?

Thanks

We won't have a big budget (think teacher salary) - so how about RC nicer(st) ships with advice on making it pampering?

thanks

2 minutes ago, DesireeC03 said:

Thanks

We won't have a big budget (think teacher salary) - so how about RC nicer(st) ships with advice on making it pampering?

thanks

Symphony is one of the newest ships.

• Like 1

Norwegian has the Haven which could provide more choices

https://www.tripsavvy.com/norwegian-escape-haven-suites-and-amenities-3572723

other options

https://cruiseable.com/guide-to-vip-enclaves-on-cruise-ships

I have been on Celebrity with an Aqua Suite it was OK butler and Jacuzzi tub was fine but the butler was more than we needed and then tub was great for washing clothes with nice jets for agitation.

I have been on Crystal many years ago and the service really did spoil you, a person met us at baggage claim and took all of our bags to the bus for the transfer to the ship,  My bag did not make the flight and they were right on it.  My bag took a flight an hour later and a person from Crystal stayed with us until my bag arrived and then got us on the bus to the ship.  At the end of the cruise there were people directing people to the correct bus back to the airport for the right terminal and airline.  Onboard it was true the bartender and waiters all learned what I liked after 2 days and they were always bringing over  desserts they thought I would like.  They had appetizers each night before dinner and they learned on the first night not to bring me anything with liver. 🙂

• Like 1

I think if you do Grand suite it makes you feel kinda fancy. You get the Gold card and some extra privileges. And you can afford it on teachers salary especially if you book in advance and keep checking for price drops. I'm a paraprofessional ( fancy for teaching assistant)  in a special education school and I make a quarter of what our teachers do even after 19 years lol but even I have been able to book us in a GS once and I just made payments until it was paid off. Kept checking for price drops along the way. It was VERY nice because we had the Gold card which makes you feel special, there was the concierge lounge to get some free drinks and snacks, better seating at shows ( although we never used that). I think that is a nice way to get the pampered feeling. Have not been on them for a while but my favorite class has always been the Freedom class ships. I feel like the newer bigger ones are better for families with younger kids that one the theme park feeling. The Freedom Class has just enough for us. That is just my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DesireeC03 said:

Thanks

thanks

You could go on a ship that you like and do a spa package or a dining package.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

I think if you do Grand suite it makes you feel kinda fancy. You get the Gold card and some extra privileges. And you can afford it on teachers salary especially if you book in advance and keep checking for price drops. I'm a paraprofessional ( fancy for teaching assistant)  in a special education school and I make a quarter of what our teachers do even after 19 years lol but even I have been able to book us in a GS once and I just made payments until it was paid off. Kept checking for price drops along the way. It was VERY nice because we had the Gold card which makes you feel special, there was the concierge lounge to get some free drinks and snacks, better seating at shows ( although we never used that). I think that is a nice way to get the pampered feeling. Have not been on them for a while but my favorite class has always been the Freedom class ships. I feel like the newer bigger ones are better for families with younger kids that one the theme park feeling. The Freedom Class has just enough for us. That is just my opinion. 

So helpful - and thanks for being a para in Special ed! I teach students with intellectual disabilities 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DesireeC03 said:

Thanks everyone - I have never been on freedom class and will look into the nicer rooms and spa packages and dining packages.  All great ideas to make it fancier!!

trying to make it feel a little more bougie than the price point - so I was given great advice on spa and dinner packages

43 minutes ago, fredflint said:

Norwegian has the Haven which could provide more choices

https://www.tripsavvy.com/norwegian-escape-haven-suites-and-amenities-3572723

other options

https://cruiseable.com/guide-to-vip-enclaves-on-cruise-ships

I have been on Celebrity with an Aqua Suite it was OK butler and Jacuzzi tub was fine but the butler was more than we needed and then tub was great for washing clothes with nice jets for agitation.

I have been on Crystal many years ago and the service really did spoil you, a person met us at baggage claim and took all of our bags to the bus for the transfer to the ship,  My bag did not make the flight and they were right on it.  My bag took a flight an hour later and a person from Crystal stayed with us until my bag arrived and then got us on the bus to the ship.  At the end of the cruise there were people directing people to the correct bus back to the airport for the right terminal and airline.  Onboard it was true the bartender and waiters all learned what I liked after 2 days and they were always bringing over  desserts they thought I would like.  They had appetizers each night before dinner and they learned on the first night not to bring me anything with liver. 🙂

thanks for the links  - looking now

For me, fancy usually means the newer ships, i.e. Oasis or Anthem. Or any ship in the Oasis or Quantum class. These ships have more "glitz" and attract an upscale clientele. If you pay attention to the ups and downs of prices, you might be able to snag a nice balcony for a decent price.

YMMV.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DesireeC03 said:

Planning a cruise for my friend who is going through a separation and can use a pick me up.  When I asked her about criterion she said she didn't care as much about the ports as she wanted a fancy ship with good service - think getting pampered.

Recommendations please

thank you

If she can afford the fare when kids are out of school  (I assume that this is a requirement), I strongly recommend Symphony.  Everything about it just sparkles.  The entertainment is out of this world.  Even without paying for packages and treatments, she can have a very special week.

• Like 1