Guaranteed rooms?

pmck

Hello,

What  has been your experience with "guaranteed balconies'?  I finally found a cruise that we like and now it doesn't show any oceanview balconies available,

only guaranteed.  I'm afraid to get an obstructed view or be stuck somewhere. I guess there's always the possibility of getting an upgrade.  Your thoughts???

Patti

We did a balc Guarantee last year.  We were assigned a balc all the way forward.  On deck 12 on Allure.  Very little ship movement, quiet, and restful.  Best part wash the water smashing Against the bow was much louder because we were forward. Loved it. Slept like a baby.

18 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

We did a balc Guarantee last year.  We were assigned a balc all the way forward.  On deck 12 on Allure.  Very little ship movement, quiet, and restful.  Best part wash the water smashing Against the bow was much louder because we were forward. Loved it. Slept like a baby.

thanks, but we were in a suite once (got upgraded on Princess) and it was in the very front of the ship and we didn't like the constant banging against the waves..my daughter was sea sick the whole time..   That's what I'm afraid of with a guarantee!

4 minutes ago, pmck said:

thanks, but we were in a suite once (got upgraded on Princess) and it was in the very front of the ship and we didn't like the constant banging against the waves..my daughter was sea sick the whole time..   That's what I'm afraid of with a guarantee!

If you have specific preferences like that, DON’T do a guarantee. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you have specific preferences like that, DON’T do a guarantee. 

Yes, that much I know.. haha.. I think we're all set now. I just can't believe that balconies were available at night and by the time we looked at it again the next day, only guarantee rooms were..

On 1/14/2020 at 1:37 PM, pmck said:

Hello,

What  has been your experience with "guaranteed balconies'?  I finally found a cruise that we like and now it doesn't show any oceanview balconies available,

only guaranteed.  I'm afraid to get an obstructed view or be stuck somewhere. I guess there's always the possibility of getting an upgrade.  Your thoughts???

Patti

What ship.  Lots of ships do not have any obstructed view balconies. 

Another consideration is this...

Once your cabin is assigned, you can request to move to a different cabin within the same class.  As long as there are still cabins available within that class.  

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 3:14 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

What ship.  Lots of ships do not have any obstructed view balconies. 

We booked a spacious ocean view balcony on Freedom of the Seas, Southern Caribbean itinerary. So we're all set.Thanks anyway!!

• Like 1