Yacht Club inside vs Fantastica inside

kelmac

On 1/18/2020 at 4:24 PM, jdvmd said:

Would stick with the cheaper inside. Chances are you will get the email to bid for an upgrade anyway. That's a lot of money to save.

j,

Do you have a feel for a minimun bid to go from a Fantastica Inside Cabin to a YC inside cabin?  We've used the NCL upgrade program with minor success.  The RCL/Celebrity upgrade program is excessively expensive.  Not sure about MSC?

Kel

I posted details in the Beware of the Upgrade thread about friends who were on a two week Meraviglia sailing in a Fantastica inside.  Their minimum offer was for $1295pp, which was not a good deal.  From my experience usually at some point in time you can/could have have booked the cabin for the same price, sometimes less, as the minimum bid.  MSC seems to rely on unsavvy bidders for the YC cabins because they raise the prices right before the bids offers go out.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2674633-beware-of-the-msc-upgrade-bid-program/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-58382581

13 hours ago, Até said:

I posted details in the Beware of the Upgrade thread about friends who were on a two week Meraviglia sailing in a Fantastica inside.  Their minimum offer was for $1295pp, which was not a good deal.  From my experience usually at some point in time you can/could have have booked the cabin for the same price, sometimes less, as the minimum bid.  MSC seems to rely on unsavvy bidders for the YC cabins because they raise the prices right before the bids offers go out.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2674633-beware-of-the-msc-upgrade-bid-program/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-58382581

Ate,

Great Info!  Thanks for posting.  Seems like MSC expectations are similar to RCL/Celebrity concerning how much money they can shake loose for their upgrades.  We scored a pretty good deal on our first two YC cruises, but perhaps those days are gone?

Kel