Getting off the ship in port

We are going on the Majestic princess in Feb this year.

While we are doing a shore excursion in Hobart, we are just planning to get off the ship when it docks in Melbourne to meet our daughter.

Does anyone know what the process is for just getting off, if you are not doing a shore excursion, and what time that would be?  The ship docks at 8am

I expect they will give priority to those going on organised shore excursions, so I would imagine that we might not be able to get off until around 10am.  Does that sound reasonable?

5 minutes ago, johnkylie said:

We are going on the Majestic princess in Feb this year.

While we are doing a shore excursion in Hobart, we are just planning to get off the ship when it docks in Melbourne to meet our daughter.

Does anyone know what the process is for just getting off, if you are not doing a shore excursion, and what time that would be?  The ship docks at 8am

I expect they will give priority to those going on organised shore excursions, so I would imagine that we might not be able to get off until around 10am.  Does that sound reasonable?

Not tender ports and sailing AU waters, so no formalities.. When ship is cleared not long after arrival, just be in line and "clock out" 

5 minutes ago, johnkylie said: