Family Harbor reviews?

Tropicbreeze23

Hi all,

My hubby and I are thinking about booking a family harbor room for us and our two littles (1,3) but I can't find any really good reviews.... Is it worth it? Is it loud with kids running around all the time? What about location, is it too close to the engines? I would appreciate any feedback....

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We are in a family harbour suite on Panorama in March. Starting to think I made a huge mistake after reading all the negative reviews about the noise from the galley above. I will be sure to check back and write a review when we return!

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the family harbour in April. We made sure we were under the MDR instead of the galley.

I have to admit that the lack of detailed reviews of this area is disapointing. So I'll make sure to do one once we get back.

19 hours ago, Wattshout said:

We are in the family harbour in April. We made sure we were under the MDR instead of the galley.

I have to admit that the lack of detailed reviews of this area is disapointing. So I'll make sure to do one once we get back.

Thanks, looking forward to reading it

We sailed in an interior Family Harbor room on the Horizon last March. We were traveling with 2 of our 3 kids, they were 12 and 3 at the time. My oldest, 16 at the time, decided to stay back with other family. We traveled with other friends, who had snagged a pair of Family Harbor suites. We booked much later than our friends and the only thing left when we booked was the interior cabin adjacent to the lounge.

There was some noise from above, but we were honestly burning the candle at both ends and were so tired it didn't bother us in the slightest. A white noise app might be enough to cover it for lighter or more sensitive sleepers. We did not hear noise from the lounge and it was kind of nice having it next door. 

We found the room to be cramped. There was our king bed in the center of the room and 2 pull down berths. The steward did not put the beds away during the day and we couldn't sit in our bed upright because of the upper berths. With a 3 year old, we tended to spend more time in the cabin than I think many. We also tend to eat one or more meals in the room. Our daughter loves to cruise and gets easily stimulated by all the options - so being able to retreat to a quiet room we can control really helps us. We've previously travelled in suites and are accustomed to more space. I have travelled interior without the kiddos, but when we have all 3 kids along we always opt for the biggest room we can afford.

All that being said, the lounge area was AWESOME. We *could* easily escape our confined room and access breakfast, beverages, snacks and ice cream. It was low key enough to sometimes be enough of a break for our 3 year old that we didn't need to be in our room. My 12 year old liked playing on the video games in the lounge. There was a stocked fridge with yogurt and milk at all times, ice cream machine and coffee machine. They supplied a good breakfast, afternoon snacks and evening cookies. It was also nice when my toddler had a melt down in a hallway to be surrounded by other families that were also having melting down toddlers.

The suites across the hall were much larger, with a separate sleeping space for the kids. Trust me, if I could have booked one, I would have. The price differential wasn't enormous considering how much more space was available. We did spend some time hanging in their rooms and balconies.

The upside to being in an interior room was that we all slept in much later than usual every day (no natural light). 

When traveling with small kids, I would definitely sail Family Harbor again. I won't, however, ever again do an interior cabin with all of us. Once kids hit teen years there are just too many large bodies and teens don't have the same adult skills at containing their crap. I felt like I was on repeat about picking up his stuff. 

That's all I can think of for now - let me know if you guys have any questions!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

We sailed Family Harbor on Vista a few months back. 

LOVED IT. In fact we did not enjoy Vista as a whole, but agreed, the family harbor was not only worth it, but the only reason we'd consider sailing Vista again. 

Didn't notice any noise from engines or whatnot, nor was there an issue with unruly kids. 

Our cabin had 2 separate bathroom areas, one of which had a tub which was VERY nice.

Be sure to check when you book as all the cabins in family harbor do not have this. We were in a standard oceanview. Our friends booked a larger oceanview in the corner, and though they had more space, there was only 1 bathroom and no tub. 

We found the lounge/ dining area to be a huge convenience. Close, not crowded and tons of child friendly things to eat. They also provided cereal in boxes which are no longer given at the buffet. 

The hallways are a bit wider in the area so will accommodate strollers easily. 

If you book there you also are permitted 1 free night of babysitting 😉

HIGHLY recommend for anyone traveling with littles. 

Edited by linz98144