Norway and Tendering

rmalbers

I've noticed that Az, has a, I think 17 day, Norway cruise and it really sounds nice but I noticed that most/almost all ports will use tenders.  I searched but didn't notice anything really relevant.   How does Az handle tendering, how many tenders do they use at a time and what size are they?   (I mostly ask because of the terrible tendering I had on X two weeks ago!)  I'm also wondering/thinking, maybe the tendering distance would be very short at Norway ports because of the deep water depth.

We tendered at a couple ports on our Norway cruise last summer; very short distance.  Tendering on Azamara is very easy and efficient; they hold around 100 each and run two to three I believe.  We’ve never had to wait more than a very few minutes to board one

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:21 PM, laurieb said:

We tendered at a couple ports on our Norway cruise last summer; very short distance.  Tendering on Azamara is very easy and efficient; they hold around 100 each and run two to three I believe.  We’ve never had to wait more than a very few minutes to board one

Do you remember which ones?

I am wondering if Svolvaer (Lofotens) is a tender port, and also generally when the last tender is scheduled for (30 minutes before scheduled departure, more? less?)