Journeys Cruises-What I want to know.

marshhawk

I booked a Journeys cruise because all the ports listed were ones that we have gone to, but wanted to go again, just one more time.  But there are a lot of sea days, nice too, but what I want to know, is what made the Journeys cruise special for you?

The main thing for us was being able to unpack for 14 days and relax and enjoy everything the ship has to offer. Our cruise director Schwartz (who is great) challenged everyone to do things they had never tried before. So we took that challenge and did a lot of 1st time things that we dont normally have time to do. Also for ports you've been to before there are always other excursions or activities to enjoy.  Also the dynamic of the type of people on these longer Journey cruises fits us well.  I can honestly say after 14 days we are well rested (with those extra seadays) and ready to face the real world again. 😉

Edited by 13cheermom

I went on a Journeys cruise on Fantasy a few years ago to the Panama Canal. It was my best cruise ever due to the canal and the wonderful people I sailed with. The throwback sea day was cool, but the 6 total sea says in the 10 night cruise is what made it really wonderful. I'm off on the Glory in 24 days with a few of my favorite people from the Fantasy cruise. This will be my longest cruise ever at 14 nights. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, heffy2 said:

I went on a Journeys cruise on Fantasy a few years ago to the Panama Canal. It was my best cruise ever due to the canal and the wonderful people I sailed with. The throwback sea day was cool, but the 6 total sea says in the 10 night cruise is what made it really wonderful. I'm off on the Glory in 24 days with a few of my favorite people from the Fantasy cruise. This will be my longest cruise ever at 14 nights. 

We are leaving on the same cruise on the Glory! We are so looking forward to it we keep counting the days.

• Like 1

Thank you for the positive responses.  Ours is only a 10 day cruise, from Mobile, meandering around Key West, Grand Turk, Amber Cove, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, during hurricane season in 2021.  DH usually requests new ports, but there are so many things to do in these ports, I don't think cruising there one or two times really allows you to see as much as you can, so in reality it's the sea days, the one time unpacking, the proximity to port, and the knowledge that we will have a great time on a small ship (which we love), and the ability to get out of the ports and see the countries.  Again -thanks!

We have our first Journeys cruise booked for August.  My wife is a teacher so it is really hard for us to do anything more than 7 days during the school year.  So when we found a 9 day out NYC to Bermuda, Grand Turk and HMC over the summer we jumped at it.   More days is always better in our book. 

Edited by ozzie0075
Edited

14 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I booked a Journeys cruise because all the ports listed were ones that we have gone to, but wanted to go again, just one more time.  But there are a lot of sea days, nice too, but what I want to know, is what made the Journeys cruise special for you?

The number one consideration  for us is the longer cruises. We have a long distance to travel for a 7 day cruise, which goes by so fast. A few years ago we decided to only do 10 day preferably 14 day cruises, or 7 day B2B cruises. The journeys have  lots of different things to do that the shorter cruises do not have. A few are the midnight buffet, throwback day, and lectures.We are going through the canal on a Journeys reposition  in March for 14 days, with 9 sea days, wife loves those sea days.

Edited by skrufy
Addition

In another recent thread on Journey sailings, I mentioned I did a 21 day B2B Journey on the Glory.  First leg was 10 day eastern, MIA to SJU, then the second leg was an 11 day SJU southern, then return to MIA.

The length of the cruises, all the different ports like St Croix, Antigua, and Granada, and 21 days away from the NY winter made this cruise special for me.  I had thought Journey cruises had special food selections, but the MDR had just the usual Port of Call items.

The actual Journey throwback stuff (midnight buffet, horse racing, dress up) had little to do with my enjoyment. Go and enjoy yours!

We did a couple of Journeys Cruises and they're pretty much like any other cruise except longer.

The only one that sticks out in my mind is the one we took from Hawaii to Vancouver as part of the Legend(?) re-positioning from Australia.    Apparently they had a lot of Australian beers left over and were handing them out for free at the "captains celebration", the returning cruiser's party and the D/P party.  I recall taking 6/7 beers to our cabin one night....

ALSO, they had some guest lecturer aboard that talked about photography and astronomy(?).  I went to one of them and it's more-or-less on the 6th grade level, I was not impressed......

I am sailing on the Miracle through the Panama Canal next month and can't wait. We typically sail for 8 nights this time of year to escape our cold Minnesota winters. The Miracle cruise is 13 nights and offers all new ports, which we are eager to visit. Really looking forward to the throwback events and lots of sea days. We have a B2B booked next February but may throw in another Journey cruise after that.