Can 5% MSC Status Match Discount be applied when using a travel agent

Ocwanda

Well, technically!

For my Armonia sailing in September, it was listed under the 5+15 section on the website.  I could log in and see the fare and available cabins.  When I let my TA know I wanted to book, neither she nor the MSC rep could see what I was seeing.

I was advised to book myself online and then transfer the booking to my TA.

Ridiculous that I could see something on the website that the "professionals" could see, even though both had all my info and Voyager's number.  In the end, I got the cabin and fare I wanted.  It just took jumping through a few hoops. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

Well, technically!

For my Armonia sailing in September, it was listed under the 5+15 section on the website.  I could log in and see the fare and available cabins.  When I let my TA know I wanted to book, neither she nor the MSC rep could see what I was seeing.

I was advised to book myself online and then transfer the booking to my TA.

Here in the UK it is a simple matter of the TA calling the cruiseline to confirm....that is done offline, and the discount applied on the final invoice the following day. We have done this for two separate bookings, and it was a seamless process.

Yes, I had seen the offer for the sailing I wanted in September, and while I was debating whether or not to book, it vanished from the website.  I kept checking back and then it suddenly reappeared, which was when my TA tried to book for me but it didn't show up for her or the MSC agent she spoke with.

So, hamrag, are you saying you can book yourself at the "regular" fare and then your TA calls and gets the additional 15% reduction?

In the states, if I book a cruise myself, I then have to submit a form (this is for all cruiselines I've used) to transfer the booking to the TA.  And if I have the TA book originally, the cruiseline won't deal with me; everything has to be done through her. We can't mix-and-match.  They either deal with the passenger directly or with the TA.

3 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

So, hamrag, are you saying you can book yourself at the "regular" fare and then your TA calls and gets the additional 15% reduction?

Yes, but I always make the agent aware that my booking with them is subject to the additional 5/10/15% being applied.