Adult beverage tastings and mixology class options on RCCL

cgolf1

We are looking for the current tasting options and prices on RCCL. We will be on Adventure if the ship matters. In the past we did tastings on Disney, but didn’t have time to look learning the ropes on our first two RCCL cruises. About the only tasting that would be out would be wine. My wife likes fruity drinks, rum based drinks, and old fashioneds. I on the other hand like the pretty much anything but bourbon and middle to top shelf scotches top my list. 

We enjoyed the cocktail classes last cruise.  The margarita one is my favorite. Our last cruise they offered a classic cocktail class, the margarita class and another that was rum drinks. I did 2, my husband did all three. The bartender did serve samples of the various rums and tequilas so that we could taste the differences. 

The only tasting I remember was the wine tasting. We didn't do that one as I generally only drink wine in the evening and it was an early afternoon tasting. 

6 hours ago, 3monkeys4me said:

We enjoyed the cocktail classes last cruise.  The margarita one is my favorite. Our last cruise they offered a classic cocktail class, the margarita class and another that was rum drinks. I did 2, my husband did all three. The bartender did serve samples of the various rums and tequilas so that we could taste the differences. 

The only tasting I remember was the wine tasting. We didn't do that one as I generally only drink wine in the evening and it was an early afternoon tasting. 

The cocktail classes sound interesting. Were they in the daily planner?

Edited by cgolf1

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

If you get the deluxe beverage packages, you can taste whatever you wish. :classic_biggrin:

We honestly don’t drink enough to make the beverage package worthwhile. We have it on our next Celebrity cruise as a free perk but we would never buy it separately. 

10 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

We are looking for the current tasting options and prices on RCCL. We will be on Adventure if the ship matters. In the past we did tastings on Disney, but didn’t have time to look learning the ropes on our first two RCCL cruises. About the only tasting that would be out would be wine. My wife likes fruity drinks, rum based drinks, and old fashioneds. I on the other hand like the pretty much anything but bourbon and middle to top shelf scotches top my list. 

becoming rare to  extinct.  if Adventure has a Vintages, you may get the  senior bar steward to put together a  wine flight for you based on your preferences.  the  shops may toss in a  scotch or bourbon  tasting one afternoon.  

otherwise its up to the Bar manager whether any other classes or tastings are offered( for a price of course)  I have been on cruises where there were several on sea days, and ones where there wee none offered at all.  

1 hour ago, Balsam12 said:

Interesting that you don't drink enough to get the beverage package, but your focus is on getting free drinks...

Well, they also asked for pricing of drinks, but let's just ignore that. 

OP, I think the mixed drinks are ~$12-14. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Balsam12 said:

Interesting that you don't drink enough to get the beverage package, but your focus is on getting free drinks...

So on Celebrity with the way the pricing worked out when we initially booked, an inside room had zero free perks and an oceanview had two. We did the math, and if I had like 4 sodas and 1 alcoholic drink a day, or some other combo, the oceanview, would be the same out of pocket cost as an inside. We later got a 3rd perk free so realistically we don’t have to drink anything to break even cost wise against an inside. We really wanted a forward facing oceanview so getting the free perks was a bonus. 

On our cruises that we don’t do a class or a tasting I would say I would drink maybe 5 adult beverages on average. We just always enjoyed the tastings and mixology type classes when we went. 

I also just realized I titled this thread horribly. 

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

You may find a wine tasting and possibly a martini tasting, but I don't see these on every cruise.

I do apologize the title should have been ‘Adult beverage tastings and mixology class options on RCCL’

Any way it can be changed to bail me out? Thanks

1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

The cocktail classes sound interesting. Were they in the daily planner?

Yes, they were. They were about $25 for 4 mini cocktails ( 1/2- 3/4 size depending on the drink) is what is included. Our bartender added 3-5 "tastings" of different tequilas and rums to the classes I went to. The class included a print out with the recipes of the 4 drinks that were served and our bartender gave us a few others he thought we would like and some different recipes for the homemade mixers he liked. I do think he went above and beyond the basic class.

• Like 1

• Clarea changed the title to Adult beverage tastings and mixology class options on RCCL
1 hour ago, cgolf1 said:

I do apologize the title should have been ‘Adult beverage tastings and mixology class options on RCCL’

Any way it can be changed to bail me out? Thanks

Done

• Like 1

I did a wine tasting class on Anthem...I think it was around $18pp and you got 5 or six kinds of wine, along with some interesting info. about each one and wine, in general.  They also gave you a plate with cheeses and fruits.  The wines were just ok and some were better than others.  For the price, I thought it was ok, but now that I did it, I would probably not do the wine one again.  This was the only alcoholic beverage "class" they had on our sailing.  I am sailing Oasis in a few months, and have yet to see any being offered....I do have the deluxe beverage package, so not sure I would be too interested, unless the price was right and it seemed like something fun!