why doesnt oasis go to bermuda

luckyinpa

no carnival and ncl regularly run 2 nite says there. its wonderful! wish could spend more time there. doubt anyone wishes they had 3 days in nassau

royal has the shorter bermuda cruises and i always wondered why, given the quality of the island

Berthing space in Bermuda is limited - NCL and Celebrity generally take up most of the time available.  Ships traveling there usually stay overnight 2-3 nights, so that severely limits the number of ships that can be there on a Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun cruise.

11 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

That cut is amazing! We went through on the ferry. Can't even imagine doing it on a cruise ship.

Yeah, we did the ferry last time.  

I've been through the cut twice on Nordic Prince (23,149 GT), which is "slightly" smaller than Oasis (226,838 GT)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

nice to bring her to NY but going to the tired bahamas all the time is a no go for me. why not at least mix it up and go to bermuda some of the time?

Go on the Empress.  Seven night cruises,  Cape Liberty to St Georges and Hamilton, not the manufactured port of Royal Dockyards.

i have to admit i wasnt paying attention and didnt see that cut when the breakaway took me there. i wonder how much to cut away enough so the bigger ships can go there. id imagine more people means more revenue for bermuda. lets take up a collection..

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

Go on the Empress.  Seven night cruises,  Cape Liberty to St Georges and Hamilton, not the manufactured port of Royal Dockyards.

sadly for my time frame the 7 doesnt work out for me this year and the 5 day one seems pointless. plus no CLS on the adventure and i gotta admit that cabin intrigues me. the royal suite is only 10K for the trip though. a bargain

21 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

to me it looked like any ship could dock here. 

That map doesn't show the coral reefs surrounding the island.  There are only narrow navigation channels for ships.

Bermuda was shipwreck city back in day.

bermuda shipwreck chart.jpg (557×419)

Edited by Another_Critic

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

And a "little" too big to fit thru the Town Cut.  😄

image.jpeg.9f303bf7a3e135a39b3ebe9ab166dd83.jpeg 

True, but going to the Royal Dockyard, that wouldn't be an issue.  Anthem doesn't even go to St George.  Empress is tendering into St George once it starts sailing to Bermuda, if I remember correctly.  It is going to dock in Hamilton though.

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

i have to admit i wasnt paying attention and didnt see that cut when the breakaway took me there. i wonder how much to cut away enough so the bigger ships can go there. id imagine more people means more revenue for bermuda. lets take up a collection..

That's because Breakaway didn't go through the cut to St. George's.  It sailed and ported at the Royal Naval dockyard.