Earth and Ocean

Bob Ross

I am going back on the Odyssey after a couple of years elsewhere. I used to love the Patio Grill in the evening but I see this is now Earth and Ocean. Do I have to reserve a table for this and are there usually any problems with doing so? Many thanks for any advice

They don't take reservations for Earth & Ocean and it can get busy particularly in hot weather.  We usually go between 7pm and 7.30pm and haven't had a problem.  

We love E& O, and think it is the best food onboard, (although we like it all !) it's a lovely venue.  

Hi - amazing that people still use this venue in Alaska etc. (love the photo). Good for them! In warmer places such as the Greek islands etc. are there usually any problems in getting a table for two at Earth and Ocean? As always, thanks for any advice

We’re just off Ovation travelling from Hong Kong to Singapore so definitely no need for blankets!  We ate at Earth & Ocean several times - we normally got there a couple of minutes before 7 and the waiters were happy to seat us. Never had a problem getting a table but it definitely got busier as the cruise progressed, as passengers found out about Seabourn’s best kept secret 😀 .  Limited menu choices but the food was always excellent and the waiters were really well organised and welcoming. 

On 1/18/2020 at 2:02 PM, florisdekort said:

I also love E&O but I do now miss a casual dining venue where after a long day you can just chill with pizza or a burger, without any fuss. 

I, as well.  On my last cruise, I found E&O to be to esoteric for my taste, and not as casual as I would have liked.  But food, of course, is subjective.  My wife liked it lots.  

On 1/18/2020 at 1:03 PM, bigmjh said:

How is dining at Earth and Ocean when not in warm/hot weather ... i.e. Alaska in early June?

It was just too cold for us most nights on our Kobe to Vancouver (which of course included Alaska) itinerary last May/June.  We did try one night and found the heaters were not sufficient.  No blankets were offered that evening.  We gave up after a couple of courses.  The food was fabulous, but it was just too cold.  I'm sure conditions vary, so you will just have to assess the weather and try it. 

We too think E & O is the best dining venue on board.  We dressed in our Antartica gear to dine out in the cold under the heat lamps.  That was fun.  In warmer territory, off the coast of Peru and Chile, E & O was very popular, but since we dine late (after 8:00), we could usually snag a table.  Looking forward to dining there in March on the Odyssey.  

On 1/19/2020 at 6:56 PM, CruiserfaeFife said:

We’re just off Ovation travelling from Hong Kong to Singapore so definitely no need for blankets!  We ate at Earth & Ocean several times - we normally got there a couple of minutes before 7 and the waiters were happy to seat us. Never had a problem getting a table but it definitely got busier as the cruise progressed, as passengers found out about Seabourn’s best kept secret 😀 .  Limited menu choices but the food was always excellent and the waiters were really well organised and welcoming. 

LoveE&O.    Limited menu but great.   Had a perfect steak one evening.   If they have  salted Carmel on desert menu.   Have it best desert ever.   Going on another cruise in Feb.   looking forward to dining at O&E.