Legend January 12, 2020

sunonfire

Two comments: There were only 3 couples at our Meet and Mingle. I think there were over 30 guests signed up. The cruise director stopped by. They had hot and cold drinks and pastries.

The windows at the pool area can only be opened approximately 6 inches. There is a permanent block of wood installed to prevent the window from being opened fully. I am pretty sure that is in response to the tragedy on the Freedom of the Seas when the toddler fell from the pool deck this past summer.

2378F0F7-E2B5-450C-B31F-D1B70C505E4B.jpeg

70D7FADC-DA3C-4DB2-B36D-A71DE341D14F.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes we did! There was Happy Hour on port days. It wasn’t always in the Fun Times. We cruised 2 times on the Miracle out of Tampa. The Legend is a spirit class which we like very much. We had some rough seas. Overall we had a great time. We went to the Steakhouse and it was excellent.  We had one complaint which I will put on my survey. The beef in the main dining room was awful. It alternated between being chewy and dry. We even watched other tables trying to saw through the meat. Everything else on the menu was good. Towards the end of the cruise we just stopped ordering the beef. I’m hoping that this isn’t the new norm - maybe it just was a bad batch of beef. This is the first time we ever had a complaint about food. We are sailing the Legend on November 29th.

11 hours ago, sunonfire said:

Yes we did! There was Happy Hour on port days. It wasn’t always in the Fun Times. We cruised 2 times on the Miracle out of Tampa. The Legend is a spirit class which we like very much. We had some rough seas. Overall we had a great time. We went to the Steakhouse and it was excellent.  We had one complaint which I will put on my survey. The beef in the main dining room was awful. It alternated between being chewy and dry. We even watched other tables trying to saw through the meat. Everything else on the menu was good. Towards the end of the cruise we just stopped ordering the beef. I’m hoping that this isn’t the new norm - maybe it just was a bad batch of beef. This is the first time we ever had a complaint about food. We are sailing the Legend on November 29th.

Thanks for the update on the Legend. We sail her in June in Europe. I have never had good beef on any Carnival ship, except in the Steakhouse. 

I agree with the rough waters. We were on Rhapsody of the Seas and have pics of the Legend in Roatan. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, going on the Legend in 31 days...But who's counting?  Appreciate the tip on the beef, I guess I will try it once and hope for the best, then avoid it if I find it too tough.  Hopefully it was just a sup-par batch for a sailing or 2.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, sunonfire said:

Thanks so much for the feedback 🙂 Was Happy Hour in select bars, or all locations?  Was the beef all cuts, or just the flat iron steak? Flat iron is notorious for being difficult to cook, but prime rib shouldn't have an issue.  I'm spoiled by locally sourced grass fed beef at home and usually stick to seafood choices on the ship, but DH enjoys the prime rib at times.

The Happy Hour was only in the Red Frog Pub.  We had the same menu on the Miracle out of Tampa, we really enjoyed all of our meals.  On the Legend, we had the short ribs - they were very dry but looked okay.  Another night we had the filet mignon, 2 out of 4 were awful.  One was all fat and did not even look like a filet.  The guys did not want to say anything. They just ordered dessert.  My husband ordered the pork chop from the everyday menu and it was very good both times.  We did have the prime rib or any steak on the every day menu.  Everything else was good but I thought it was better on the Miracle.  We are going back on the Legend the end of November - hopefully it will be better.  I did tell Carnival in my survey.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:52 PM, K&RCurt said:

Thanks for the info, going on the Legend in 31 days...But who's counting?  Appreciate the tip on the beef, I guess I will try it once and hope for the best, then avoid it if I find it too tough.  Hopefully it was just a sup-par batch for a sailing or 2.

We will see you there!

• Like 1

Since many commented, I won’t quote but—-about the beef. On our recent cruise, I had asked for a specific waiter and his team. They were outstanding and many of us had cuts of beef which were great. On the last night, we couldn’t get his table and had another serving team. Several of us ordered prime rib with orders from medium rare to medium well done. After each order, I heard the waiter say “medium, OK”. When the orders came, they were all overcooked. So there may be bad batches of beef and there may just sometimes be untrained wait staff.