Disembarkation of NCL Sun at Port Canaveral and Making it to MCO in time for a flight?

emailguy369

My apologies for repeating a question, but I was curious if anyone had some very recent experience with disembarkation at Port Canaveral and scheduling the timing of flights out of MCO?

I've never cruised using Port Canaveral so any information would be helpful:

• I am on the Norwegian Sun, returning on Sunday, 2/2, scheduled to dock at 7 am.
  • It appears that only the NCL Sun and the RCL Harmony of the Seas are the only ships at port that day.
  • I plan to take a GoPort transport and do the express/self disembarkment.

Would it be too risky to schedule a flight for 11:30-ish out of MCO?

If anyone has recent experience with disembarkation on the Sun and going through customs before getting to a MCO flight, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Andy

You could read down the board for lots of info.

Immigration, not Customs will be your biggest issue. Your plans for rapid disembarkation are solid, and arranging transport in advance are also solid. Did you know it's 45 minutes, minimum, to the airport, before you booked this flight? MCO is a very large, spread out airport. 

I think you will make it...but it will probably be a bit stressful.

Your arriving on a Sunday is a good thing; there should be a bit less traffic on the Beachline (road from PC to MCO).

Disney (which uses PC) advises no flights before 11:30, so you should be fine. Of course, something out of the ordinary could still happen, but it's unlikely.

Welcome to the boards! 😎

For an 11:30 flight you need to be at the airport by about 10:00, and 9:30 is better. That translates into off the ship with bags and clear of customs and immigration by about 8:30.  Either a very low n number or carry your own bags off to ensure that you are loaded and rolling from PC in time.

Have a great cruise!  👍

Thank you....have you disembarked at PC on Norwegian before? I was just curious if 8:30 to clear customs/immigration was reasonable. I can get a 4 pm flight out but I really didn't want to sit at the airport all day 🙂

Thanks again!

13 minutes ago, emailguy369 said:

Thank you....have you disembarked at PC on Norwegian before? I was just curious if 8:30 to clear customs/immigration was reasonable. I can get a 4 pm flight out but I really didn't want to sit at the airport all day 🙂

Thanks again!

I have never cruised NCL. You might post on the NFL board to see what the earliest time is you can get off the ship.

Carrying your bags and lining up early and you probably can make it.