Name of Port in San Juan

LewiLewi

We will be on the Star Legend next week. What is the name of the Port in San Juan? Are we better off with a private taxi or Windstar transportation? How long does it take to get to the port from the San Juan airport?

Thank you.

in San Juan, there are 2 cruise terminals.  The big ships usually go tothe Pan American terminal near the Convention center.  Windstar docks in Old Sam Juan. We sailed on the Star Legend and disembarked on Saturday. It docked at pier 4 in Old San Juan.  Another option is using Uber.  We used a combination of transportation during our stay in San Juan.  Never waited long for an Uber. We stayed near the convention center. There are frequent public buses that are very cheap. In the old city, there are free golf carts run by the US Park Service.   Great for getting uphill to visit the forts. If you have a US park pass, you can use it at the forts. Windstar transfer to the airport was $35pp.  Some people who had excess nonrefundable credit bought the transfer to the airport. They were off the ship at 8 am.  We left later and took uber.  $19

pier 4 is near a Walgreen' s if you need anything.  They sell wine. Selection was ok and cheaper than on the ship. You are each allowed 2 bottles. 

Have a great time.

Redtravel: thank you for the tip about the Walgreens. We don't drink alcohol but I'm considering only using carry-on so we have more flexibility in case the weather-gods and Newark make checked baggage a limiting factor is switching travel plans last moment. To be able to pick up all that we left behind to make that possible (i.e. sunscreen, scissors, nail file) would be useful. Plus I can't bring 'food' into the US (that has been used as an excuse to ban as little as gum but it also means my specialty teas and extra dark chocolate.) Oh, and maybe I'll be able to get some diet Dr. Pepper there!