Last meal

Guest Bronston

Guest Bronston

If you were dying.....and on a Regent cruise - what would you order to eat for your last dinner and and at which restaurant?

B

1 hour ago, Bronston said:

If you were dying.....and on a Regent cruise - what would you order to eat for your last dinner and and at which restaurant?

B

How did I know? Was I able to get into Pacific Rim? If so, Thai beer and miso black _________.

• Like 1

Since I’m they one who’s going to kick the bucket, then I would have to go with panko shrimp as an app followed by miso glazed sea bass all from CR, and some Alaskan king crab legs and a filet from P7. Top it all off with a shot of amaretto, Baileys, and Tito’s vodka with some tiramisu from Sette Mari. Of course, I’m requesting to have it served in one of the bars so I can get an infusion of either Pyrate rum or Hendrick’s gin til my dreaded hour of departure comes to snatch me away. 
Z and TB

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Since I’m they one who’s going to kick the bucket, then I would have to go with panko shrimp as an app followed by miso glazed sea bass all from CR, and some Alaskan king crab legs and a filet from P7. Top it all off with a shot of amaretto, Baileys, and Tito’s vodka with some tiramisu from Sette Mari. Of course, I’m requesting to have it served in one of the bars so I can get an infusion of either Pyrate rum or Hendrick’s gin til my dreaded hour of departure comes to snatch me away. 
Z and TB

I am with you!

I might make that meal breakfast, and I'd have eggs benedict with a great pile of bacon and extra buttered muffins.  These are things I like but don't normally eat.  So in general, I'd choose that type of thing--an extravagant chocolate dessert for dinner, after maybe beef wellington?

16 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Z and TB

Love your style!!!!

Oh, heavens - that really opens the floodgates!  The food & drink is of course important - your last meal, after all - but the conversation!  Here are a few for starters; presumptuously, I'm included (it is my last meal, after all), and of course my DW, without whom nothing is worth doing - 

For the brinkmeisters -

Mr & Ms Nikita Kruschev, Mr John & Ms Jacqueline Kennedy, Walter Kronkite

Start with vodka & caviar, then cabbage rolls & beef bourginogn, finish with a Savoy Truffle.  

For the WW2 history buffs -

Mr Roosevelt, Mr Stalin, Mr Churchill, Mr Edward R Murrow

Start with scotch & soda, on to Escalope de Veau with Greek lemon potatoes (that's a me thing), French VSOP brandy, Swiss Chocolate & a good cigar.  

For some lively discussion of more recent events -

Mr Barack & Ms Michelle Obama, James Carville & Cokie Roberts

Good cold beer and lots of it, Jambalaya & File Gumbo (overseen by Mr Carville), white bread, rice, Goo Goo Clusters. 

For some low brow excitement -

Three Stooges, Hunter Thompson

Seltzer water in dispenser, Jack Daniels, Hot Dogs, Screaming Yellow Zonkers.

And to get right with God -

Jesus & His Disciples

Bread, wine, salt & honey.  The latter from my DW's hives. 

Over & out. 

• Like 5