15 day Hawaiiian islands - formal nights

Leacrest

If you're in the South Pacific it might be smart to grab a couple light linen jackets and some nice silk shirts (even flowered pattern) to stay cool during those balmy Hawaiian nights.  It may get breezy.  But it will never be cold any where near the islands.

• Like 1

I have done 7 of these, and there are always 3 formal nights.  Usually the second full day at sea, the first full sea day after the islands, and the last full sea day before Ensenada.  Aloha!  🙂🍷🐋🐬🌅🌠🌈🌺🌺🌸🌞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruiserkenn said:

I have done 7 of these, and there are always 3 formal nights.  Usually the second full day at sea, the first full sea day after the islands, and the last full sea day before Ensenada.  Aloha!  🙂🍷🐋🐬🌅🌠🌈🌺🌺🌸🌞

Aloha.  We'll be departing Grand as you board, we're on the prior sailing on February 21st.  I've not done 7, only 5.  The pattern has always been exactly as Cruiserkenn describes.

No one asked but I'll add that Aloha wear is considered formal wear in the Islands and, notwithstanding Princess policy, I and many others use these occasions - particularly the one just departing the Islands as an opportunity to show off our finest silks.  Let's be clear, no slippahs and no shorts, just a pair of slacks and a very nice vintage Aloha shirt from my days living in the islands.

Aloha and enjoy your cruise

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jondfk said:

Aloha.  We'll be departing Grand as you board, we're on the prior sailing on February 21st.  I've not done 7, only 5.  The pattern has always been exactly as Cruiserkenn describes.

No one asked but I'll add that Aloha wear is considered formal wear in the Islands and, notwithstanding Princess policy, I and many others use these occasions - particularly the one just departing the Islands as an opportunity to show off our finest silks.  Let's be clear, no slippahs and no shorts, just a pair of slacks and a very nice vintage Aloha shirt from my days living in the islands.

Aloha and enjoy your cruise

I agree about the Aloha shirts.  Excellent!

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 9:15 AM, Cruiserkenn said:

This is very helpful information, thank you! We will be on the Emerald at the end of April into May celebrating our anniversary and so we can plan accordingly.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 4:55 AM, Leacrest said:

Aloha!  We're sailing March 7-22, 2020  on the Grand Princess. How many formal nights can we anticipate?  Two total, or two each week?  There are 8 sea days on this cruise. Many thanks!

We are on this cruise also. Can't wait!