Symphony of the Seas - Dinner time with teens

Hi, 

My DH, DS 14, and DD 17, and myself are currently booked for Spring Break on SOS in March. We have the 8:00 pm dinner seating. I know they will both want to go to the kids area, especially for the first night. They are both athletic and outgoing. They'll want to make friends. I want them to have dinner with us - not necessarily every night but more often than not.

I saw a Cruise Compass for the kids for SOS (someone posted in their review) but it was not the same itinerary so I'm not sure if the events/night time will be the same. I'm most concerned that there will be activities that they will miss out on if we keep the 8:00 seating. On the other hand, 5:30 is also very early for us to eat dinner.  

If we change to My Time Dining, will we miss out on having the experience of the same server/table every night? 

Feeling like I'm between a rock and hard place.

Any suggestions are appreciated. 

Edited by coachlover

Have them eat at the WJ the first night so they can attend the meet n greet.

After that they really won’t miss out on much with a late dining and if there is something they really want to do let them eat at WJ or somewhere else for that night. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I’ve had many teens on NCL with anytime dining. They’d go to the teen club the first night and make friends. We’d have dinner together every night, go to a show, maybe hit up some karaoke, and then they’d meet up with friends later. All of the teens are with their families, teens spend more time hanging out than participating in organized activities.

Have the exact same ages--switch to MTD. We do early bc we travel with extended family and it's a bigger table. Kids eat with us every night--some nights they leave right before or after dessert. The late dining will be right in the time frame of teen club activities/when the kids get together--the 8-10 time. Just be sure to make a reservation for a time in MTD to cut down on wait time.