Not alot of good reviews about Anthem on the web

Like others have said, first and last day can be cold but there are so many things to do inside the ship that it's not really a problem.

The line can be huge with cars trying to get to the port. We always stay at a hotel the night before, leave our car there and take a taxi. When we get to the line of cars, we hop out and walk the rest of the way. We've been lucky that there's never been snow on departure day. 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

no grandiose, multi-tiered MDR. Instead there where 4 different dining rooms and a concept called Dynamic Dining that shocked the system of those used to traditional/MTD dining. It was quickly jettisoned but people complained about it long after it was discontinued.

We had it like that on our first cruise on Anthem in 2016 and miss it!

We are OK with current system and it is better organized now... but it was really cool to have 4 restaurants with various cuisine.

As I said I love Anthem, but if I had to fly I would fly to Florida or PR because you have more choices in terms of itineraries.

I wouldn't choose Quantum class out of Florida as this class is better suited for colder climates.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:35 AM, beccaewert said:

So, I found a decent deal and got a last minute cruise to Anthem on March 22-29..... leaves out of Cape Liberty

I've never been on this class of ship.... biggest I've been on is Oasis & loved it. Honestly I've loved every cruise that I've been on. Sure there are always things to pick out negative if you want. But for the most part, I'm laid back and take things in stride. That being said, there isn't alot of positive out there about the Quantum class.

Which makes me a tad bit nervous..... is it because most of these boats don't sail from the US?

Also I'm a midwest gal,.....so I'm used to varying weather temps. I didn't think leaving out of Cape Liberty was going to be that big of a deal, but now my family has me scared to death that there will be a winter storm or something keeping me from getting there during March 22-29..... Also they made it seem like we won't have much warm weather..... did I make a mistake choosing this cruise? I thought it would be a good one because I have active boys 13 & 10.....but we also don't want to be cold....

I was getting all excited, and now I'm a bit nervous...

Any Anthem fans out there? Anyone choose Cape Liberty often? Is it really going to be that cold?

We sailed on Quantum and Anthem a total of 4 times out of Cape Liberty and loved each cruise.  If it's cold, there are so many things to do indoors and the solarium is amazing!  The ships handle any rough seas well and you would barely notice any movement.  We've stayed midship and in the aft in suites and had no problems whatsoever from ages 3 to 70.  If Anthem were sailing out of Cape Liberty this Summer when we cruise again, we would all be on her in a heartbeat but sadly she is leaving the east coast.   Keep your booked cruise, you will love, love love it!

On 1/21/2020 at 9:35 AM, beccaewert said:

So, I found a decent deal and got a last minute cruise to Anthem on March 22-29..... leaves out of Cape Liberty

I've never been on this class of ship.... biggest I've been on is Oasis & loved it. Honestly I've loved every cruise that I've been on. Sure there are always things to pick out negative if you want. But for the most part, I'm laid back and take things in stride. That being said, there isn't alot of positive out there about the Quantum class.

Which makes me a tad bit nervous..... is it because most of these boats don't sail from the US?

Also I'm a midwest gal,.....so I'm used to varying weather temps. I didn't think leaving out of Cape Liberty was going to be that big of a deal, but now my family has me scared to death that there will be a winter storm or something keeping me from getting there during March 22-29..... Also they made it seem like we won't have much warm weather..... did I make a mistake choosing this cruise? I thought it would be a good one because I have active boys 13 & 10.....but we also don't want to be cold....

I was getting all excited, and now I'm a bit nervous...

Any Anthem fans out there? Anyone choose Cape Liberty often? Is it really going to be that cold?

We sailed on Quantum and Anthem a total of 4 times out of Cape Liberty and loved each cruise.  If it's cold, there are so many things to do indoors and the solarium is amazing!  The ships handle any rough seas well and you would barely notice any movement.  We've stayed midship and in the aft in suites and had no problems whatsoever from ages 3 to 70.  If Anthem were sailing out of Cape Liberty this Summer when we cruise again, we would all be on her in a heartbeat but sadly she is leaving the east coast.   Keep your booked cruise, you will love, love love it!