Crown Grill/Sabatinis and OBC

travellingnana

10 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I have more OBC than my husband.  If I make reservations for us at either the Crown Grill or Sabatini's while on board, can I "pay" for both of us out of my OBC, or 

will his meal have to come out of his account?

As I recall ours were charged to the account of the first name on our reservation.

However my wife & my account balances are combined at the end of a cruise so it doesn’t really matter which account is used for payment.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

However my wife & my account balances are combined at the end of a cruise so it doesn’t really matter which account is used for payment.

We're actually hoping to get his military OBC refunded, so I don't want it charged to him at all!

16 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

We're actually hoping to get his military OBC refunded, so I don't want it charged to him at all!

I just had my MOBC refunded & because both of our balances are combined at the end of the cruise it didn’t affect that refund at all!!

One person can have a negative balance which would be offset by the other person’s positive balance for the final bill.  For accounting purposes my wife & my balances are combined to have an ending balance.  Our recent cruise resulted in a refund check of nearly $400 for MOBC & other types of refundable OBC.

We both started with the same amount of OBC but most charges went to my account.  Thus on paper I owed but she had a credit which offset my balance resulting in a refund.  And since non-refundable OBC is used first, my MOBC was refunded because for accounting purposes our OBC is combined for the final bill.

Edited by Astro Flyer

54 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

I didn't realize we be combined...it's never been an issue before.  This is great...thank you!

Technically you can have it all tied to your medallion/card at the restaurant, but when it's ultimately settled if you are on the same account, it all gets folded into one bill