How Formal is Formal Night?

karrie020852

On 1/22/2020 at 4:20 PM, Mike45LC said:

You are required to wear footwear in the MDR. 

I have been asked to leave the buffet area for being barefooted.  They say it is a health issue, but I do not understand that.  Somehow my bare feet are more likely to spread germs than shoes or sandals? Or my bare feet are likely to absorb germs or parasites from the floor of the buffet area than they are from the floor of the pool area or spa?  But the rules are what they are.  

Ewwwwwww

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

We have not been on a Princess cruise in the dining room for dinner where they allowed shorts or t-shirts except, they will allow shorts to be worn the first night since some folks may not have not had their suitcases delivered to their cabin.  We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on Feb 2, so we shall see if the dress code has changed in this regard.

I was on the CB in the fall 2018 they were allowing shorts and t-shirt on regular nights and jeans on formal night.  

On 1/22/2020 at 4:20 PM, Mike45LC said:

You are required to wear footwear in the MDR. 

I have been asked to leave the buffet area for being barefooted.  They say it is a health issue, but I do not understand that.  Somehow my bare feet are more likely to spread germs than shoes or sandals? Or my bare feet are likely to absorb germs or parasites from the floor of the buffet area than they are from the floor of the pool area or spa?  But the rules are what they are.  

Shoes must be worn at any restaurant here plus no swimwear allowed.  Wondering where you live that permits bare feet.

• Like 2

Just now, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

We have not been on a Princess cruise in the dining room for dinner where they allowed shorts or t-shirts except, they will allow shorts to be worn the first night since some folks may not have not had their suitcases delivered to their cabin.  We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on Feb 2, so we shall see if the dress code has changed in this regard.

Currently shorts are allowed on casual evenings in the DR (not just the first & last night) on the Regal as well as T shirts on every Princess ship we've been on in the past 20 years. 

I don’t think you will feel out of place if you choose not to wear a suit. When we choose Princess it has nothing to do with how people dress for dinner. It’s because we like their ships . I can’t imagine going on a cruise and  spending my time counting how others are dressed.  

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Currently shorts are allowed on casual evenings in the DR (not just the first & last night) on the Regal as well as T shirts on every Princess ship we've been on in the past 20 years. 

Thanks for the info.  We were on the Sky in Dec. and no shorts were allowed in the dining room except the first night (we did not go the dining room the last night).  My husband will be happy if he is able to wear nice dress shorts and a collared shirt to the dining room on non-formal nights.  

I just saw a first for a formal night in the DR last night on the Regal. 

A dress shirt of sorts - Long sleeve- along with dark colored jeans & colored sneakers. 

It seems that something new popes up every cruise. 😃

My DR sticks with his usual Polo & dress pants with dress shoes.