Late boarding window per Twitter

perditax

https://mobile.twitter.com/VirginVoyages/status/1219352625726087168

Vague tweet about how Scarlet Lady will have a “late boarding window”, with the spin that it’s to give people time to hang around in Miami.

I don’t really enjoy hauling my luggage around town on embark day. (I know other people feel differently.) It also means less time onboard for my cruise fare. Maybe late enough to obviate boarding day lunch?

They also don’t say how late, or if this is a permanent plan.

Edited by perditax

I assume the late boarding window simply refers to the ship not leaving until later than most.  This gives sailors the option of spending more time in Miami rather than boarding immediately.  The ship itself will likely be available for boarding as soon as the previous passengers are clear, just like any other ship.

33 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I assume the late boarding window simply refers to the ship not leaving until later than most.  This gives sailors the option of spending more time in Miami rather than boarding immediately.  The ship itself will likely be available for boarding as soon as the previous passengers are clear, just like any other ship.

This makes sense.

I (OP for this thread) immediately went worst-case scenario because a friend is dropping me off on my (weekday) sailing, and won't have a lot of flexibility in when, and I grew up in SoFla and have limited interested in being stuck in Miami all day with my luggage. 🙂

(I'm used to showing up to NCL's Miami port around 10, being on board by around 11:30.) 

13 hours ago, perditax said:

Can you tell me where you see this info? Can't find it on any of my docs so far and I sail sooner than you.

On their website when you sign into your account and look at your reservation.  I click on "Tell Me More" about your reservation, and then it pulls up a window to the right hand side... scroll down to day 1.  Mine says departs at 7pm.  I read in the FAQ somewhere you needed to be onboard 2 hours before she sails.

• Like 1

From the FAQ regarding disembarkation:

"We want our Sailors to be able to fully enjoy their final night with us and not feel rushed in the morning."

It could be that departing guests are allowed to stay on board later than the 10am (or so) typical deadline to disembark.  If that holds true, and departing guests are allowed to sleep in a bit and depart by noon, then embarkation may not begin until mid-afternoon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

On 1/24/2020 at 8:11 AM, rbt001 said:

From the FAQ regarding disembarkation:

"We want our Sailors to be able to fully enjoy their final night with us and not feel rushed in the morning."

It could be that departing guests are allowed to stay on board later than the 10am (or so) typical deadline to disembark.  If that holds true, and departing guests are allowed to sleep in a bit and depart by noon, then embarkation may not begin until mid-afternoon.

Yeah this is the reason, it has nothing to do with enjoying Miami. I'm actually pretty happy with this because the last night of a cruise is usually such a drag 

Edited by hotsauce126

I downloaded the app today, and in the check in process, the earliest available time was 2:00 pm... This leads me to believe that the debarkation process will be more "relaxed" than other cruise lines, who want you off the ship asap...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I downloaded the app today, and in the check in process, the earliest available time was 2:00 pm... This leads me to believe that the debarkation process will be more "relaxed" than other cruise lines, who want you off the ship asap...

Yeah ... it’s going to be a long day for me on check in day. I hope we can at least get into our rooms and drop off luggage.

Edited by AlyssaJames

9 hours ago, AlyssaJames said:

Yeah ... it’s going to be a long day for me on check in day. I hope we can at least get into our rooms and drop off luggage.

Alyssa, in one of your posts I read that you are on the 3/26 cruise as am I.  

I just went back to an IG post from January 18 that still shows the ship is visiting Bimini prior to arriving in Miami.  I went back to check the specific dates for Bimini, which I believe are Mar 11 to Mar 13, but either I saw dates somewhere else or they've modified the video.   

Someone in the industry posted their invitation for a overnight cruise for industry members from Miami before our sailing.  There may be a few of those before we get on board on the 26th.  But I seriously doubt there will be an overnight on the 25th, meaning that there won't be a disembarkation and turn-day on the 26th:  all rooms I'd expect to be clean and ready a day prior, making for a smooth embarkation process where we can board and go to the room to drop luggage.

But my words are just an educated guess.

• Like 1