Passport Line at Customs

pipcruiser

We are traveling with two minor children out of Port Canaveral.  My DW and I both have passports. The two children have birth certificates.  Will they be able to come through the passport line at customs when leaving the ship? Or go through the birth certificate line.  Thank you in advance. 

Last time through Canaveral it was just a bunch of lines and trying to process everyone as quickly as possible.  Looked a lot like the grocery store the day before Thanksgiving.  If I'm reading this right, and you are in charge of the minor children, they'd be right there with you.

• Like 1

In December,  Port Canaveral had facial recognition IPad like things stations that people with passports were able to go through. You just stood there and the machine would beep and you were off. No customs officer. I don’t think you’d be able to use these if you don’t have a passport. 

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

In December,  Port Canaveral had facial recognition IPad like things stations that people with passports were able to go through. You just stood there and the machine would beep and you were off. No customs officer. I don’t think you’d be able to use these if you don’t have a passport. 

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

They are using them in Miami now, moves things along pretty quick.  

If there are separate lines then you'd probably have to go through the line for non-passport holders, but that's just a guess and I also don't recall seeing separate lines (except for those directed to use the facial recognition).

11 hours ago, mrpayroll said:

I have never heard that there are separate lines.

I don't know about Canaveral but they do have separate lines in Galveston. I have a family member that works for CBP and he told me that it's because they can process passports faster. He said they can process three passports for every birth certificate.