Tips for a new cruiser (please dont yell at me :0)

Kclovesken

2 hours ago, jlowe420 said:

I really enjoy staying onboard sometimes.  I think that's because when I book a cruise the destination to me is the cruse.  The ports are a bonus if they are nice... but I don't always care to go wonder strange lands and have people try to sell me stuff made in china.

I agree with you. 🙂 we have 2 things we wanted to do. One was snorkeling for me. I've ALWAYS wanted to and want to check that off and the other was beach at Vallarta. Just to say I did it 😛 however I am excited to stay back and just relax and hang with her.

5 hours ago, Kclovesken said:

Thank you so much for this info. It was very helpful. 🙂

A different tip for Mazatlan - the Blue Line.  Snowbirds from Canada and the US station themselves along the line (in blue shirts) and make suggestions and act like tour guides.  They LOVE talking about their "adopted city" and I don't think they expect anything in return.  We had one suggest we grab a Pulmonia to the other end of the line (Plazuela Machado with groups playing music, dancing and setting up for Dia de los Muertos since we were there right after or on Halloween) and was quite strong in suggesting it.  We walked it, it was great to take in the city at a slower pace.

When we got to Plazuela Machado a second snowbird suggested the cathedral and market, which we walked to.  We then made our way to the coast, saw the cliff divers, back to Plazuela Machado for lunch and then back to the ship, all on foot.  Totaled around 5 miles but we got a great feel for what the city is and we were never harassed by anyone selling us anything, even getting to have some brief interactions with locals.

Google Mazatlan Blue Line for info.

• Like 1

Fly into the port city the day before your cruise. Buy travel insurance, we don't travel without it. Check with insuremytrip.com, they will show you several different options. We purchased through Travelex Insurance for our upcoming cruise to Hawaii.

Edited by Joshthedog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joshthedog said:

Fly into the port city the day before your cruise. Buy travel insurance, we don't travel without it. Check with insuremytrip.com, they will show you several different options. We purchased through Travelex Insurance for our upcoming cruise to Hawaii.

I 100% agree with this! Trip insurance is a must. Even if you believe you can eat the cost of the trip if you have to cancel last-minute, it's highly unlikely you can afford medical evacuation or something along those lines if something goes very sideways while you are on the trip.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 4:07 PM, JamieLogical said:

The buffet is not always open, but it is always open at meal times. The OP is going on the Bliss, so it has The Local, instead of O'sheehan's. It is open 24/7, though there is a bit of downtime when they switch over from breakfast to lunch. Also, Margaritaville on the Bliss is NOT open at breakfast anymore.

... and it would seem Margaritaville is to be 'no more' on the Bliss, it is now going to be American Diner.

W

30 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Where/when was that announced?

Was going to direct as Hallux did above.  I checked NCL page for the Bliss (noted in that thread too) and it is now American Diner there too ... so our March sailing it would appear it will be the American Diner.  No announcement that I've heard but the thread above made me look for myself... and as others have said it is now listed in the app.

Edited by poffles

I haven't seen this tip mentioned:  Use a credit card or cash for onboard account Not Debit!  The charges don't go through until the end of the cruise but holds are placed every day I believe.  This can cause problems when attached to a bank account.  Have fun!

On 1/23/2020 at 7:25 PM, Kclovesken said:

So you have to get it on board? Do you know off hand the cost? 

how come?   orry wrong post   meant why wait until on board

Edited by kab66