Escape Disembarkation out of Miami

sjbowler

i have a flight leaving at 11:50am out of FLL on saturday March 28 and our ship the Escape arrives in Port of Miami.  Reading most of the posts here on the boards say this should be a doable flight, but there have been some comments that NCL'S disembarkation procedures are a nightmare and we could be delayed getting off this ship.  My question out there is has anyone been on the Escape and what was your disembarkation comments?

thanks

10 minutes ago, sjbowler said:

i have a flight leaving at 11:50am out of FLL on saturday March 28 and our ship the Escape arrives in Port of Miami.  Reading most of the posts here on the boards say this should be a doable flight, but there have been some comments that NCL'S disembarkation procedures are a nightmare and we could be delayed getting off this ship.  My question out there is has anyone been on the Escape and what was your disembarkation comments?

thanks

The disembarkation process is rarely ships fault as most of them get into dock early morning 3/4 am. Its the customs guys that hold things up.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tef43 said:

I fly in and out of FLL for work frequently and have never experienced this.

Ditto.  We are always right through security at FLL.  Never once been in a long, obnoxious line there.

This is a very easy flight to make.

1 hour ago, Cruzn Bills Fan said:

Your concern shouldn't be getting off the ship in a timely manner, it should be the God awful security lines at FLL.

We never book AM flights; one glitch and you are in big trouble both inconvenience and cost of a last minute flight because you missed your scheduled flight. That being said, at FLL you cannot check in more than three hours before your flight. There is nowhere to sit, except the floor when you get there early because you booked a PM flight. I will be avoiding FLL in the future.

20 hours ago, sjbowler said:

thanks

This was our timeline on a recent cruise out of Miami. 

Self walk-off started before 7:15. 

We left our stateroom at 8:10.

We we’re on the curb waiting for an Uber by 8:30. 

Making that fliight should nto be a problem even if  you wait  and not carry your own  luggage off the ship. Almost everyone is off the  ship by 9:30, which should get you  to FLL  no later than 10:15. That gives you 90 minutes to  clear security  and get to yoru gate.Should bee no problem.

I just did a cruise on the Escape December 14, 2019. I had a 11:05am flight out of MIA. This flight was actually booked and assigned by Norwegian. Notify Guest Services of your intended early departure from the ship, and they will (hopefully) coordinate appropriately. I'm sure Easy Walk off would be your best bet. 

I was off the ship at 6:15am, into the terminal at 6:30am, through facial recognition by 6:35 and at the curb by 6:45am. I ordered my Lyft and was on my way to the airport by 7am. Arrived at airport at around 7:30am and in line for TSA (REALLY, really, r e a l l y LONG line, so account for that time as well). All worked perfectly and I was sitting at my gate about 2 hours in advance. Totally doable if you play your cards right and don't dilly dally in the morning. Don't get breakfast and focus on getting off the ship and grab something at the airport! 

Hope this helps!

Robbie