Huatulco - Snorkeling

Hult5

Hi,

You may well get other answers or go to the Huatulco forum on Trip Advisor for local tour recs but we just grabbed a taxi from the pier and went to Playa Entrega to snorkel from shore.

It is one of the recommended places to snorkel. It has a protected bay and reef.

My husband sat at the nice beach bar/restaurant with one beer(no one pushed more for him to buy) and I went into the water. There is a concession on the beach that rents snorkel equipment and has guides who will go into the water with you if you like.

I have been to Huatulco a few times on beach vacations and I really can't say that it is known as major snorkeling spot.  We have rented a small boat at the harbor, which is next to the cruise pier, and have simply gone swimming and fishing.  We have seen lots of sea turtles and dolphins and the boats will also take you up north to get good view of the beaches and bays inside the national park.   As was stated, a beach is alongside the cruise pier and it is easy to go swimming and get drinks there.  However, I have never been in Huatulco while a cruise ship is in port so I don't know how crowded the beach gets when a major ship is in port.

• Like 1